Chapter 4

JAMEELAH

Click!

I clicked another photo of my happy family without their knowledge. A day out with them is the best because you could pick anything you want since it's going to be from the Dad's pocket or any volunteers for the day. The best part is updating the keepingupwiththeAliyys account on instagram.

It was a good thing Haleemah couldn't make it though because my star could shine well without me having to border about being a backdrop by her side. I love her, she's my sister but honestly I feel bad whenever she gets all the attention because she's more beautiful.

I know I am beautiful too. But I also know that she's more beautiful than me. It didn't help that everyone loves her more than they loved me. And she gets all the attention even when we go out together. Guys fall hard at her mere presence and the most annoying thing is that she doesn't even notice.

Good thing they can't approach her because of her no-nonsense demeanor and whenever we are together, they seem to think using me to get to her will be easier. I use that to my full advantage though, especially when I am bored and need distractions.

She isn't as social as me which gave me a few more points over her but that still didn't make things easier. That was why when I got a chance to reduce being with her outside our home when we were enrolling in University, I jumped to grab it. When she choosed AUN, I decided to choose Yola state University even though I wanted to school in AUN too.

Haleemah is fun to be with and I love spending time with her. But, we are two different people. I am a fashion trend lover and a social media freak with thousands followers and I love the attention I got there but Halimah is a dumbhead who has no idea how to enjoy her life.

She doesn't even have a normal social media account even as her popularity in Yola is increasing. She had just an official account where she posts her little write-ups or whatever it is she called them which I appreciate too.

But she's too stiff. A little outgoing fashion wouldn't hurt. I get that our father wants us to dress up covered and humbly but I got the looks. Why should I hide it?

I smiled at myself when I noticed I have 47 new followers and the little selfie that I posted earlier with Chuchu, one of my little nieces has gotten a thousand likes. That's what Jameelah does.

I scanned the place for the perfect place with a nice background out of my father's sight. I need a perfect click to post.

Jameelah knows the best way to having a perfect photo and that's by getting the perfect background. I signalled to Hamma Jamilu, one who was born two years before me and my partner in crime.

"What's up bae" he asked when he came closer and I just dragged him along to where I wanted. He didn't protest because he already knew. When we got there I handed him my things so that I can adjust my dressing. I had on a coral pink stoned Abaya with the veil fully wrapped around my head. Now I am going to remove the veil and tie it into a head gear and also tie a belt around my waist to bring out my shape before striking poses for my perfect photo, something Dad must not witness because I'm afraid he will just curse me.

He wants his girls all covered and wrapped up like matan ustaz and I, Jameelah can not afford that. It doesn't show the level of iman, Iman is in the heart. And its not like I am naked so what's wrong with that? I didn't even wear a revealing dress.

I took as many photos as I like until I was satisfied before selecting which to post so I can satiate my followers for the day. Jam_Jam_the_yola_babe. That's my social media handle, where you could see me rocking life without borders. Hauwa'u Jameelah is for the household of the 'Aliyy. Do not judge me, its my life. And its YOLO, you only live once. So I am going to live to my fullest.

I selected the final photo I am posting today and click, it was already on the internet. One, two, three. I was already getting likes and comments. It's Jam Jam, the yola babe. It's no one else but me.

Now, Hauwa'u Jameelah could be back. So, I readjusted my dressing and tread to where everyone was seated.

"Abba, sannu da hutawa; weldone Dad" I greeted him as I was about to pass him.

"thank you Jameelah. Where have you been?" He asked.

Oh so now, he could notice my absence. Because Haleemah isn't here today.
I thought to myself.

If she were here she would be everywhere by now. Everyone would be calling her, not the kids and not the adults.

"Ndiyam baba" I said gesturing to the water bottle in my hands.

"Ta'ali ya Jameelah" He said speaking in Arabic, something he does whenever he gets serious. Did he saw something? Oh! Allah. I shouldn't have stopped to greet him.

I moved closer to him and squat down with my head down waiting for whatever it could be. If he had seen anything, I know I'm doomed.

"What happened Jameelah? What's wrong?" He asked.

I raised my head slowly and looked at him. What is that? This tone and expression isn't that of someone who is angry. It's that of someone who is concerned and worried.

"Why did you leave the midst of your family? Is something wrong? You can tell me. Did someone upset you?" He asked again and I could vividly read the concern and love laced in his voice.

If only he knew what I just did. Did he really deserve a daughter like me? I wondered.

I was the black sheep among my sisters, they may all transgress his rules but I am the worst. I was the one who isn't close to Dad enough among us.

This man is the one who toiled day and night to feed me, shelter me and made sure I didn't lack anything. What is so bad in abiding by his rules? Something that is going to earn me reward from Allah?

I forced a smile and struggle hard to suppress the guilt eating me up in my mind.
"Dad, nothing happened. I just wanted to walk around and got water on my way."

He looked at me for a short while and said "why is your eyes telling a different story Jameelah?"

"Why did you seem uncomfortable?" He asked again.

"Laaa! Baba, there's nothing really. I was only walking around. The place is beautiful" I completed trying to sound happy about it and praying that he dropped the issue.

"Really? So should we come back here next month? Or will you like to come back here with your Dad some day?" He asked.

My heart melt. I had always avoid being alone with Dad because his ways is something I dread. But how can I let go of someone who loved and cared for me just like that?

"Sure Dad. Let's come back here some day. I think the others would love to be somewhere else next month" I said and he smiled.

"Okay. Then you choose the day you want and you can't invite anyone because it's one or one." He said and I nodded smiling happily.

"Toh, you can go." He dismissed.

"Okay Dad. May Allah continue to bless you in good health and wealth" I said before standing up to leave.

"Ameen Jameelah. May Allah bless you. And Jameelah" he called again.

"If anything is bothering you, you are free to tell me. Or better still, tell your mother, okay?" He said.

"Yes Dad! Okay"
He nodded and I left with a heavy heart. There's nothing compared to parents love.

-----------

Jam jam, the yola babe💕❤️

Hope you love her already...

Mi'ah Muhammad ✍️❤️