19 || Lunchbox Friends

Midoriya felt his brain melting in his skull.

     The orientation had lasted two hours so far. Everyone had to stand up the entire time. Maybe instead of eighteen buildings for the school nobody uses, U.A. could invest in some gosh darned chairs.

     Although, Izuku was confused as to why class 1-A wasn't in their reserved spot, or anywhere, for that matter. Maybe they were doing something separate.

     Finally, Principal Nezu, a bear-mouse-thing, skipped off of the stage and classes started to shift and filter out of the large room. Izuku chatted with Shinsou and Togeike as they walked back to their classroom. The awkward tension between the three had faded and they felt at ease finally. Although every now and then, a fellow classmate would look at Izuku with some sort of disgust.

     Midoriya was used to it, though, and so he simply quieted his voice and continued on with whatever he'd been saying.

     Almost to their classroom, the class turned a corner. At the very end of the hall was another class Izuku could clearly see in the gaps of their line. Two people in particular caught his eye. One was very obviously trying to keep order from the back, blue hair very familiar.

     Iida was scolding some classmate, a short purple-hair (maybe hair isn't the right word. They were similar to bouncy-balls.) who seemed to be awfully close to a female student in front of him.

     Further up the group was another familiar face. Katsuki Bakugou. Kacchan caught eyes with Izuku, and Midoriya nearly forgot the breathe.

     The stare-off was intense, and the tensions could be felt between both classes. Kacchan glared and looked away, sneering. Izuku stared after him a bit longer than necessary.

     A shove to his shoulder brought his eyes away from Kacchan, and he looked at Shinsou. 

     "Hey man, we're supposed to go in." He muttered, gesturing to the General Education classroom door. 

     Togeike came up next to him, "What's up with you and that kid? He looked like an angry dog." Izuku chuckled and shrugged.

     "He's just an old classmate."

     Lunch was the break 1-C needed. As lovable as Sensei Mic- or just Mic- was to them so far, he was way too loud. Midoriya already felt himself going deaf.

     Entering the lunch room, Midoriya stood with his newfound acquaintances awkwardly at the door.

     He was about to say something, but just as he opened his mouth, a bright pink blur zoomed up to them.

      Mei jumped directly in front of him, almost running into him. He'd grown used to it, and didn't flinch, but he heard Togeike and Shinsou step back.

     "Izuku! Good, you're here, I had a good idea for another baby and- oh who are these two?" Mei leaned over to look at Shinsou and Togeike, who hadn't stopped staring at Mei in surprise and confusion.

     Midoriya chuckled, "These are Hitoshi Shinsou and Chikuchi Togeike."

     "Wow you remembered my full name, I can only remember your last names." Togeike joked, snapping out of her previous trance.

     Shinsou hummed. Mei was about to start talking again when Midoriya cut her off, "Uh, Mei, how about we get some food first, then you can tell me all about your ideas." Mei bounced on the heels of her feet and zoomed off towards the lunch line.

Midoriya looked back at an awfully confused pair. Shrugging, he followed Mei and lead them to the line.

Izuku sat down next to Mei, who was standing behind her chair as apposed to sitting, and Togeike and Shinsou filtered in across from them.

"Guys this is Mei, she's the friend in the support course I mentioned earlier." Togeike nodded, "You seem very excitable." She told Mei as she took a bite of her lunch. Mei laughed and started to bounce again.

"What were the- uh- 'babies' you were talking about earlier? You look a bit young..." Shinsou spoke up as he picked at his food. He looked a bit uncomfortable with a new person there.

Before Mei could answer and leave the poor guy even more confused, Izuku butted in, "She calls her inventions her 'babies', she doesn't have kids and if she did I hope I'd know about it." He side-eyed his friend jokingly.

But seriously, if she did have kids, he expected to be the first to know.

With that, Mei launched into an in-depth explanation of her newest idea for an invention. It wasn't anything that would out Midoriya as Valor, so he let himself relax and listen to her rant.

Shinsou visibly grew more comfortable over time as she spoke, getting used to her presence as he had before with Midoriya and Togeike. Speaking of Togeike, she often cut in with a sarcastic quip or a joke.

They were getting along exceedingly well until a hand slammed down in front of Midoriya. Izuku jumped and nearly punched the person as a reflex, but was glad he didn't when he saw who it was.

Quiet fell over their table as they all looked at Katsuki Bakugou, who had a sneer on his face. Behind him were two people, one with red hair and the other with black hair, looking at Izuku both apologetically and in confusion.

"Deku."

Listen listen listen uhhhhhh- so it's been a long time since I last updated and I am so so sorry, you see I had a midlife crisis and watched a lot of Minecraft youtubers and have adopted a new personality. also I love to procrastinate. I swear I'll try and update more from now on- but expect it to be a bit slow because I have way too many ideas for new fics.

{989 words}