Star Vs. The Santa Fraud

Twas the night before Christmas

And all through the house

Not a creature was stirring

Not even a-...okay, what is this? I could write a poem with much more appeal and glamour than this 7 year old's narrati-....Oh uh, come in!...What is it now, Star? Can't you see I'm bu-....oh....oh is it that time already?.....well...if I must....ah, there you all are!

....oh, I'm sorry. Did you not know? It's me!....um...Glossaryk?...wait, really? You couldn't tell it was me at all?.......ahhhhh. Of course. You can't hear me. You're reading all of this. Well, no matter. I am here on a more important note. All of you are here for a story; a tale to enlighten the imagination and festive 'twinkle' within you. Am I right? That is what typically happens around this time of year for all of you, isn't it? I don't know much about this "Christmas-time" most of you celebrate. Holidays occur much differently back on Mewni.

However, Star and Marco informed me about all of your holiday traditions. They only insisted that I tell a story since I apparently have 'the voice for it'...whatever that means. I'm a magic master; not a narrator....sorry, I'm uh...going off-topic. Still, I feel that this story is something that might bring all of your minds at ease. It's quite a touching and heartwarming tale. How about we get back to it, shall we? I'll surely make it sound more interesting than this poem I was just reading.

Ahem. Well, Where did I leave off?

Ah. Right.

Christmas; a holiday that never fails to be full of fun, fellowship, merriness and cheer. Friends and family come together from all over, celebrating timeless traditions as they spend the holidays sharing their love of the season and each other. No one loved Christmas more than the Diaz family in the wonderful world of Earthni. The Diaz family always went above and beyond for holiday traditions. The decorations, the dinners, the games and festivities; all of them were made sure to be the most spectacular and more and more dazzling every year, especially with a one Star Butterfly being around for Christmas.

Star and Marco resided in the Diaz residence, keeping warm by a lit fire in the fireplace and smelling the sweet aroma of pine coming from the Christmas tree standing at the corner of the room. The couple was playing with Mariposa in the living room on the floor while making sure that she doesn't get a hold of anything dangerous, such as a wire or a lit candle. Mariposa was holding a soft, stuffed Santa Claus plushie. Marco's parents came into the room from the kitchen. Mr. Diaz, wearing oven mitts on his hands, held a tray of freshly baked snickerdoodle cookies.

"Who wants Christmas cookies!" Mr. Diaz expressed with glee. Star and Marco turned around, seeing a smiling Mr. and Mrs. Diaz offering them a treat before the night was done.

"Sure!" Marco replied as he happily reached for a cookie.

"Ooo! They're shaped like trees and bells!" Star said as she took not one, but four.

"That's not all." Mrs. Diaz told them. "We made these just for you!" She revealed from behind her back a plate of multi-colored heart and narwhal shaped gingerbread cookies.

"Aww! Stooop. I'm blushing!" Star told them. ".....Well, no need to wait I'll take that plate now thank you." She spoke without pausing for breath, holding her hands out as she took the plate. Marco shook his head in amusement.

"You better share, you know. I want this to be the day that Mariposa tries her first helping of cookies!" Marco told her, excited to show Mariposa all the joys of a freshly baked cookie.

"Please. Would I eat all of these?" Star asked him with a cheeky grin.

"....yes. Yes you would." Marco responded with a straight face.

"Anyway, we're going to head upstairs." Mrs. Diaz told her son and his girlfriend. "Oh! I've got an idea! Why don't you tell Mariposa a Christmas story before she goes to bed!"