CHAPTER 40

PAAKHI POV

"Where is Maanu?" I intend to ask Aditi who just ignores me when Shaurya leads her to god knows where.
This place is so huge and enormous that it overwhelms me.

"So crazy girl, what will you have?" Viren walks towards me and takes a seat on this enormous couch.

"Except Alcohol, because you guys can't handle it" He teases.

"What made you say that?" I ask offended.

"Don't you remember what happened yesterday?" He asks with amusement in his eyes.

My ears perked up in attention.

"What did we do?" I inquire.

"Oh God, you don't remember what happened?" He grins, enjoying my torment too much.

I jab him in the stomach when he kept smiling at me without answering.

He didn't even flinch, stupid muscles.

"You..."  He whispers, leaning closer to me.

The amusement in his eyes gets replaced by seriousness. Making me anxious about what I did.

" What??" I ask impatiently.

He leans closer making me hold my breath. We are so close, I'm afraid if I'll exhale our lips will touch.

I look into his eyes remembering our moment earlier.

"Are they going to kiss?" I tug back when I hear this.
We look beside us to see Arhaan, Maanya, Shaurya, and Aditi standing there with amusement in their eyes.

I blush, realizing how this might look.

"Oh, you guys are here, I was just telling Paakhi about your drunk adventure yesterday." I see Maanya and Aditi widen their eyes in surprise.

Maanu looks towards me but I just shrug, because I'm as clueless as her.

"Storytime!!!" Shaurya shrieks like a girl and settles in one of the seats. Maanya takes a seat beside me on the white couch and Arhaan follows suit.

Aditi like Shaurya takes one of the armchairs.

I laugh at his antics, but immediately stop when he starts speaking.

"So yesterday afternoon..."

__________

"I can't imagine!" Maanya utters after Shaurys explains everything.

I see Singh Brothers laughing holding their stomachs.

"Are you sure we did not Kill that Kidnapper?" Aditi asks excitedly. I look at her with a 'Do you think this is cool' look but as always she didn't understand and proceeded with her rubbish questions.

"Is Maira okay?" I ask after, Shaurya and Aditi stop bickering about what type of drunk Aditi is.

"Yes, She is thanks to you guys," Viren exclaims.

"You won't let this be? Huh?" I ask embarrass.

"I don't want to, but you girls saved our sister, so we owe this to you," Arhaan assures.

I smile at how smart, understanding, and sensible he is.  Unlike someone, I know.

I glance at Viren and see him staring at me. But when our eyes meet he turns.