CHAPTER 35

ADITI POV

Memories warm you up from the inside. But they also tear you apart. 

Watching Paakhi huddling Maanya in her arms made me recall the day when I met Maanya for the first time.
Thinking about that day Maanya laying on the hospital bed, all alone and scared made me sob.

Because that day I saw a broken and scared girl who recently lost a child, crying in Paakhi's arm for support.

And the same situation right now made me lose control over myself and soon tears started brawling down like a stream.

Momentarily I felt a pair of arms around me and I bask in the comfort.
I didn't realize I'm showing my most vulnerable side to Mr.Jerk but his soft whispers and calming words made me hold on to him for a while longer.

Everyone departed from the cliff in Arhaan's car, leaving me to ride with Mr.Jerk.

I inhaled a deep breath anticipating Shaurya to make a joke about my emotional state a few minutes back. But surprisingly he didn't utter a word.

"So Ms.Sass Queen, how are you?"

Maybe I thanked God too soon.

"Don't utter a word about what happened earlier," I said defensively.

He looks at me perplexed and replies "Woah Tigress, calm down, I was just asking."

"Listen Jerk, What happened earlier, Don't mention it again. It was a weak moment for me that had passed now."  I exclaimed.

"Firstly, I ain't jerk, and secondly, I was never going to mention it." He said softly as if I hurt his feelings.

I peeked towards him to see a forlorn look on his handsome face. And instantly felt guilty.

"I... " I want to apologize but can't find any words.

"Look Aditi, I might come out as outgoing, rude, or a jerk but I know the discrepancy between someone's emotions.
What I saw earlier was intense.
And would never make fun of it." He announced grimly.

Paakhi always tells me to never judge someone without knowing them entirely. But I never listen to her. But now for the first time, I'm regretting not listening to her.

"We're here," Shaurya announced and exit his car.

With a heavy heart, I followed him to the house.

__________________________________

Author's POV

When Arhaan left the living room to see Maanya, Everyone in the room is silent, Lost in today's occurrences.

Paakhi peeks at the wall clock to see it's past 9:30 pm and everyone might be hungry. So she stands up and asks, "I'm preparing something to eat, I presume you guys are hungry as well?"

"No, No I will leave now, I have to return to the hospital for a case." Dr. Sinha declared, standing up and taking his leave.
Uncle Abhay too left with his friend, after wishing the girls goodnight.

Paakhi then looked towards the two men lounging on her small couch seeming to be so out of place, because one of them was wearing a three-piece suit and the other one was dressed in a leather jacket.

"I'm staying for dinner Cinderella." Shaurya looked up when he saw Paakhi waiting for their affirmation.

Paakhi nodded towards him and walked inside the kitchen to prepare Rice and Vegetable stew.