Chapter 3: The Golden Dawn

Yuno and Y/N were taken to the Golden Dawn headquarters using Spatial Magic. Captain Vangeance welcomed them, "Welcome to the Golden Dawn's headquarters. You'll be living here from now on, so be sure to get comfortable and learn your way around. Oh, that reminds me, there's someone I would like you to meet." Vangeance turned and motioned for someone to approach. A young girl approached. Vangeance turned back to the two boys, "This is Mimosa Vermillion. She's another newcomer to the Golden Dawn. She was given a special exception from the exam because of her incredible healing magic." Mimosa said, "It's nice to meet you two. I hope that we can get along in the future." The two boys remained silent. Vangeance coughed to end the awkward silence as another young man approached, "Ah, Klaus. Yuno, Y/N, Mimosa, this is Klaus Lunettes. He's another Golden Dawn member and your superior. The three of you will be under his care from now on, so try to get along. Klaus, please show them to their rooms." Klaus nodded, "Yes, I understand Captain Vangeance." The three of them followed Klaus. They first stopped at Mimosa's room in the girl's dorms. After that, Klaus led the two boys to their rooms. Klaus said, "Here are your rooms. They're next to each other, so you two can be comfortable." Yuno and Y/N entered their respective rooms. Y/N looked around. He had never had a proper room before in his entire life, so it interested him. Klaus said, "Just so you know, I haven't accepted you two as members of the Golden Dawn. Captain Vangeance might have allowed you to join, but he'll see soon enough that that was a mistake. I suggest you two get a good night's sleep here while you still have the chance." Klaus left, leaving the two boys to their own devices. Y/N closed the door and laid down on the bed.

Vangeance was taking a late night stroll when he saw someone laying down next to a tree in the courtyard. He approached and saw that it was Y/N. Vangeance asked, "Might I ask what you're doing Y/N?" Y/N looked up to his captain, "I'm just trying to get some rest. I've spent most of my life outside, so I'm having trouble sleeping in an actual bed." Vangeance let out a small laugh, "I see. Well, you should try to get accustomed to sleeping in a bed. The others might not like it if they find another member sleeping under a tree." Y/N looked at him before letting out a sigh, "Fine. I'll go back to bed." Vangeance gave him a soft smile, "Good night then." The next morning, Y/N woke up while on the floor. He had rolled over while he was sleeping in the bed, so he ended up falling on the floor and sleeping there. Y/N got up and took a bath in the large bath. It reminded the young boy of the rivers where he had bathed in previous years. Once he finished, he got dressed, remembering to put on his new Magic Knights robe. Y/N walked out just as Yuno was leaving his room. The two boys began walking around when they found Mimosa. Mimosa said, "Good morning you two. Are you by chance going to get breakfast? I was shown around the headquarters a bit yesterday, but I haven't exactly memorized everything. But, I can find the dining hall rather easily. It's close." Yuno said, "Ok." Mimosa smiled and led the two boys to the dining hall. Once the three of them entered, the other Golden Dawn members that were already eating turned to look at them. They got their breakfast and sat down at a far away table to avoid anymore attention. Mimosa said, "The breakfast smells delicious. As expected from the Golden Dawn." Y/N said, "Miss Mimosa, you don't have to sit with us if you don't want to. The other members might not be nice to you if they see you with two commoners." Mimosa blushed slightly and said, "Well, the fact that your commoners doesn't bother me at all. It's fine. We're all teammates now after all. So, we should get to know each other. I'll go first. I'm fifteen, I like sweets and black tea that compliment them. I joined the Golden Dawn through selective choosing because I'm a member of the royal family." The two boys simply continued eating as she spoke. Mimosa didn't show how surprised she was at their lack of reaction, "Well, the two of you sure are calm after hearing that I'm royalty. Anyways, tell me something about yourselves." Yuno said, "I'm fifteen years old and I'm an orphan from Hage village." Mimosa said, "Oh, how interesting. I never heard of Hage. You'll have to tell me about it sometime. Y/N, why don't you tell us about yourself?" Y/N said, "I'm fifteen too, I'm an orphan. I don't really come from anywhere. Ever since I've been little, I've just wandered from village to village and survived on what I could get my hands on. Until a few years ago, I just did that. Then I was found by Meleoreona and she began training me. Oh, and don't call me short or I will have to deeply impale you." Mimosa was surprised, "You were trained by Lady Meleoreona.?! She's Captain Fuegoleon's older sister. Why didn't you join the Crimson Lion Kings if you were trained by her?" Yuno looked at her, "So she's just gonna ignore the whole impaling threat." Y/N said, "I just had a feeling about Captain Vangeance. Plus I don't really like Fuegoleon that much." Mimosa said, "Oh, like how Captain Vangeance exudes warmth and kindness." Yuno continued to stare at her, "Ignoring the rude comment again I see. I'm guessing you a bit of an airhead." Mimosa puffed her cheeks at her comment. Y/N said, "No, not kindness. It's more like...you know when you see someone entering a room and you just think 'Oh, too bad. I have to punch you know.' It was like that." The two of them stared at Y/N. Mimosa stood up, "Wait, you joined the Golden Dawn because you had the urge to punch the Captain?" Yuno said, "And I thought Asta was crazy." Y/N said, "Violence is how I show affection. Unless I'm trying to threaten you, then I just hate you." Y/N continued to eat his breakfast as Mimosa sat back down. As the days passed, Yuno, Mimosa and Y/N grew accustomed to their new surroundings. A few days after joining, Klaus approached the three of them with their first mission.