Chapter 8: Dreams

Y/N was sleeping soundly in his bed at the Golden Dawn headquarters. It had been a few days since the dungeon mission and he had been ordered on bed rest to ensure that he didn't agitate his wounds. As he slept, his dream began to change. One minute he was chasing a large lion down a volcano, the next he was in a forest. It took him a minute to realize that it was the same forest from his dream back in the dungeon. The people from last time were also there. However, some of their faces were clearer than before. Y/N looked around at them and thought that one or two of them seemed like members of the Golden Dawn, but thought that that was ridiculous. None of the Golden Dawn members would ever wear anything but the finest clothes that money could buy, except for him and Yuno. He looked back at the people and saw that they didn't seem to acknowledge his presence. It was as if he were merely being shown a projection. He continued looking around when he saw a man with a woman that resembled Mimosa, but seemed older and more mature. The older man was wearing the same white robes and had his face blurred like the others, but he raised his head and seemed to stare at Y/N. The rest of the world seemed to stop and the man approached Y/N. He walked until they were directly in front of each. The world began turning black. Before Y/N woke up, he heard the same voice whisper, "Please, save them."

Y/N woke up with a start. He wiped off the sweat that had started to form on his head. The dream was still fresh in his memory, as were the words that followed. Y/N let out a frustrated groan, "Dammit. What does it mean? Am I losing my mind? Why am I having these dreams?" Y/N wondered why he was having these dreams when he came up with an idea, "I know. I should try to talk to Captain Dorothy. I heard that she uses Dream Magic, so maybe she knows something about my dreams. And I happen to know someone who knows someone pretty high up in the Coral Peacocks."

Y/N entered the dining hall and immediately spotted Mimosa. He walked up to her, "Mimosa, I need to talk to you about something." Mimosa jumped in surprise and blushed, "O-o-o-of course. What is it?" Y/N asked, "Your older brother is the Vice Captain of the Coral Peacocks, correct?" Mimosa's face immediately turned dead, "Unfortunately. Why do you ask?" Y/N said, "I need to talk to the captain about some strange dreams that I've been having. Normally I'd just brush them off, but they give me a bad feeling. I'd like to talk to an expert about it and the Peacock's captain uses dream magic, so..." Mimosa blushed, "Uh, well, I guess I could try. I'd feel bad if you had problems because of these dreams and I could've stopped them." Y/N smiled, "Thank you Mimosa. Oh, and don't tell anyone else about this. I don't wanna cause a panic." Mimosa's face turned a deep red, embarrassed by the compliment. She immediately raced out of the hall, confusing her fellow Golden Dawn members.

The next day, Mimosa and Y/N headed to the Coral Peacocks' headquarters after receiving a response from Mimosa's brother. The letter said that the captain was fine with meeting them and wanted it to be as soon as possible. Once the two of them landed, they were greeted, "Why hello my dearest sister." Kirsch Vermillion was everything that Y/N expected and more. An extremely sparkly person who glowed beautifully. Mimosa seemed upset with seeing him, "Hello Kirsch. This is my squad mate, Y/N, the one who wanted to speak to the captain." Kirsch shifted his attention to the other male. He glared at him for a moment, "Although you lack the grace of nobility, you do have some beauty. But of course, your beauty pales in comparison to my own. Regardless, the captain wishes to speak to you. Let us proceed." Kirsch turned and started skipping into the headquarters. After a few minutes, they reached the captain's room. Kirsch turned to them, "The captain wishes to only speak with the boy. We must wait out here, beautifully." Y/N nodded, "Thanks." He pushed open the doors and entered. Sitting at the desk was a sleeping Dorothy. She didn't seem to be aware that Y/N was there, but he knew better. Captain Dorothy was a lot more aware of what was happening in the real world as she slept than people gave her credit for. Suddenly, her grimoire opened a pink flash filled the room. Y/N stepped back in surprise. When he opened his eyes, he saw that he was in a strange world, "Hello there. Welcome to my Glamour World." Y/N turned to see Dorothy sitting on a chair. He bowed, "Thank you for agreeing to meet with me Captain Dorothy." Dorothy smiled, "No problem. How could I resist such a cute and small boy when he ask me for help? Now, what's the problem?" Y/N furrowed his brows, "Cute? Never mind that. I've been having some weird dreams lately and I don't know what to make of them." He explained what he had seen in his dreams, including the voice he heard at the end of them. Dorothy frowned as she listened, "Hmm. I'm not sure what could be causing your dreams. In the first place, they don't sound like dreams, more like messages. Maybe someone is trying to ask for your help and can only do it that way. It would explain what the voices say at the end of them." Y/N thought for a moment, "I guess that makes sense. What should I do about them?" Dorothy said, "If your dreams keep occurring, they should become clearer and you may be able to find out who's sending them to you." Y/N smiled, "I understand. Thank you captain." With a flash, he returned back to the real world. Dorothy frowned, "Dreams that are meant as messages. How mysterious."