Episode 1: Christmas With The Boys

Alicia POV

It was finally Christmas Eve after having the longest week I had, I headed to my garage to wait for the guys since my parents went out to go party instead of celebrating with me.

They told me I could invite Luke and his friends but also told me not to worry about them. So before Christmas Eve I told them to pick from my Santa hat for a secret santa gift exchange. I happened to get Alex, I am curious who mine was.

When I opened the doors to it, I saw their equipment along with Lukes' song book. He didn't care if I looked through it during their jam sessions so it wouldn't matter if I looked now.

I grabbed it and my gift for Alex and wrapped it up while reading some of the lyrics he wrote. "Haha..Crooked Teeth..I wonder if that is named after Reggie or Alex..oooh maybe even Bobby." I laughed as there was a knock at the door, I looked up and saw Luke with his backpack and gift bag.

"Hey." He said, "Hi? You okay?" I asked, he shook his head no and told me he ran away from his mom and dad again and asked if he could spend the night in the garage again.

"Anything for my best friend.." he smiled, "Thanks Alicia.." I smiled just as Alex came in and waved, "Hi guys..", "Hey.." we both said as minutes later Reggie came in with Bobby. "Thanks again for the ride Robert.."

"It's Bobby Reggie.." Reggie nodded as we all sat in a circle. "Well. Sunset Curve I welcome you to Alicia Wilds Fist Annual Gift Exchange..so place your gift into the middle and from oldest to youngest gets to open their gift and guess who got them..so Bobby you go first after we all close our eyes and place the gift in front of our secret Santa.."

I closed my eyes hoping they would as well and tried placing my bag towards Alex. I opened them and saw a new bag in front of me, Bobby started to open his as he pulled out a jar filled of guitar picks, I am pretty sure Luke gave him that one.

"How interesting..a jar filled with guitar picks..let me guess Luke..", "Sorry Robert..not me.." Bobby started to get annoyed, "It was me.." I heard Alex say, "Oh. Well. Thanks.."

Alex nodded, "No problem..", "Okay. Next up is Luke.." He started opening the bag and pulled a few cassette tapes, "Woah! No Way!" He smiled, "That is so cool okay well if I had to guess..I would say Alicia.."

I laughed, "Nope..", "It was me.." Reggie said with laughter, "Thanks Bro..", "No problem bro.." I smiled to see him so happy, "Okay next is Reggie than Alex than Me.." Reggie started to open his gift and while of thinking who got him a flannel it was pretty obvious it was Bobby. "Bobby?", "Yep..thats me."

They hugged quickly just before Alex opened his Reggie had blurted his thought. "It's obviously Alicia..", "Reggie!" I said as he looked away, "You didn't hear that.." Alex laughed and pulled out the rainbow sweater, "Thanks Alicia..", "No problem..so obviously I have Luke.." he smiled as I opened it, it was a leather journal with the words Perfect Note.

"Thanks Luke.." he smiled as I got out the lyrics I wrote, "Since my parents didn't accept my gift I decided why not give it to you guys." They looked at me strangely, "I wrote a song called Perfect Harmony." I grabbed my guitar as I started to strum it, "You stepped into my world, when things got bittersweet it turned into a story about a girl. Thats' me. You all shook me to the core, voices like angels, I've never heard before."

I continued to strum as they looked at me, "Here in front of me, you all shine so much brighter, than I have ever seen. Though life can be so mean, but when you go, I know you don't leave.." They laughed as I smiled, "Though the truth is finally breaking through our worlds collide when I'm with you all. As our voices rise and soar so high, we come to life when we're all in perfect harmony.."

They began to sing right after me, "Whoa-oa-oa, whoa-oa-oa, Perfect harmony, Whoa-oa-oa, whoa-oa-oa. Perfect harmony..You all set me free. You guys and me together is more than just chemistry." They stopped singing and waited for me to sing the chorus so they could follow along.

"Love me as I am, I'll hold my music here inside your hands. We say we're friends, we play pretend. You all mean more to me, we're everything, when our voices rise and soar so high. We come to life when we're in perfect harmony.." they laughed and sang with me again. "Whoa-oa-oa, whoa-oa-oa, perfect harmony..Whoa-oa-oa, whoa-oa-oa, perfect harmony.."

I continued to sing the last few lyrics. "I feel our rhythm in my heart, you are all my brightest burning stars, I never knew a love so real..it is like we're heaven on earth along with melody and words. When we're together we're in perfect harmony, Whoa-oa-oa, whoa-oa-oa..Perfect harmony.."

I strummed out as they applauded. "Wow.." I laughed, "Well.." I said, "I think you just sang the perfect note.." I smiled, "Merry almost Christmas you guys.." I said as they looked at me and smiled, "So what are you doing on Christmas.." Alex asked me as I shrugged, "Waiting for drunk parents to come home, but besides that I would say just playing and making songs..why do you ask?"

Luke mentioned that the Orpheum mailed them an invite for them to perform on New Years Eve, "No way." I looked at them as if they were lying. Were they? "Yes way.." he gave me the letter as I looked at it, "Oh my gosh, this could be your big break..", "Right?!"

Luke was hyped as I smiled and hugged him. "I am definitely going to go see you guys..", "Right on.." said Bobby, "And your opening should be Now or Never..the all time classic." They all smiled, "We will see you then.." I nodded as all but Luke left.

Luke started to go crazy on how excited he was, "I know what we should do.." he looked at me strangely, "What's that..", "Write a song.." He laughed as we both grabbed our songbooks and opened to a new page.

"So what should the theme be..or message behind it.." he asked me, "Magic is like reading a fairy tale and happens only if you truly believe.." he started writing, "So the title would be A Picture Perfect Christmas.." I smiled, "Yeah.."

I started humming as he made up the lyrics as I hummed, "I believed the way we left things off was when I last time saw you, and before that when I saw your face in my frame. You never seemed to frown as I realized what I did was on purpose."

I looked at him and started to go grab my guitar, he stopped my hand and continued, "But the way I feel in my heart is too much too. I knew I was running away from my feelings as you started thinking about another place I didn't exist."

He held my hand, "Though it was far away from the place we first saw each other, I knew this could be the place where we belong. Just to us alone and nobody else, I believe in your words and your creativity..I believe in the past we, I believe we had something side by side yet we were so quiet.."

He grabbed my other hand as my pen dropped, we locked eyes, "I believed we had our ways, look I know I'm sorry I surely know this isn't what you were expecting. But don't think I remember that day on the beach gathering..you were amused by a dog running along the joyful shore. Aside for that let me just come out and say it to you. I want to be with you, come runaway with me..what do you say.."

My eyes widened as I released my hands from him. I felt bad since I do like Luke but just as a friend, as I told him that he frowned and got up and took his things. "Where are you going.." I asked, "Somewhere.." he left and walked out of the door as I stood up and ran to it and saw him biking away, I sighed as I turned and saw he left his guitar and songbook behind.

I picked up my book and threw it across the room just as Alex and Reggie walked back in. I screamed and cried, "Hey..Alicia you okay?" I turn and see them, instead of asking them what they were doing here I yelled for them to get out. "GET OUT!" They dropped what they were holding as I heard a crack, I wiped my tears and saw them leaving.

I walked to where they dropped something and I picked it up as it was a picture frame with all of them except Bobby. I cried as I took it to the couch and started to reread Lukes songs. And then I noticed one was addressed to his mom, I frowned and then turned the page and saw Reggies Country song. "You were always the weird one.." I laughed, wiping more tears.