Chapter 31

T onight they forgot about all of their worries and all of their concerns and they were able to express their love for one another without any restrictions and without any limits.

Tonight made them feel free.

And they both lean in to share one last kiss before they whisper, at the exact same time, "I love you, too."

--

Carina has her arm tucked underneath her head, using it as support while she uses her free hand to delicately caress the pale, smooth skin of Lily's bare back. The older girl is lying on her stomach, her arms underneath her pillow and her sleeping face is pointed away from Carina.

Their legs aren't tangled together under the blanket. They aren't clinging onto each other for warmth. They aren't even touching with the exception of Carina's fingertips dancing across Lily's spine. In fact, there is a small gap between their bodies, but it's comfortable to Carina. There's comfort in just knowing she's there and knowing she was able to wake up beside her.

There's a serene atmosphere in the room this morning. The early 7 A.M. sun peeks through the closed blinds of the window with horizontal rays of light shown on the floor before crawling up the wall on the opposite side, dimly illuminating the room with an orange tint.

It's quiet aside from Lily's soft, steady breathing. Carina has been listening to the familiar and soothing sounds of her girlfriend for the past hour or so now, simply loving everything about this moment in time.

The events of last night keep replaying in Carina's mind, everything still so incredibly vivid from the way her body felt as Lily touched her and as she touched Lily, but most importantly, Carina doesn't think her heart could've possibly loved her more than in those moments.

Their touches were eager yet respectful, lustful yet passionate, needy yet shy. It was Carina's first time being with a girl and it was Lily's first time with, well, anyone and it only made Carina wish she could've shared that same experience with her instead of giving it away to some boy she doesn't even know. But Lily is still so many of Carina's firsts and she wouldn't trade her for anything.

When Carina notices Lily subtly shivering in her sleep, the cool air encasing her naked body, she pulls up the blanket that clings around the both of their hips and covers her body a little bit more. Why her girlfriend is always so damn cold all the time, she doesn't know, but what she does know is that she'll always be there to keep her warm.

Carina leans in slowly to place the softest kiss on the back of Lily's shoulder before she grabs her long night shirt from the foot of the bed and throws it over her body. Then she carefully crawls over Lily, hoping not to wake her up, then makes her way into the bathroom.

She flicks the light on and her eyes immediately widen at the sight of her in the reflection of the mirror. Lily definitely made her mark. Or should she say marks.

Carina pulls her shirt off again to examine her bare body. Hickies are present all over her neck, chest, and stomach and her hair is a disheveled mess. When she turns around, she's able to make out faint streaks of pink from Lily scratching her back as she writhed and moaned in intense pleasure.

And the recollection of that only gets her a bit turned on again.

It doesn't help that she now can't stop thinking about how fucking amazing it felt when she was grinding on Lily's leg with her long fingers inside-

She shakes her head to clear the incoming dirty thoughts. Okay, too early for that. Breathe.

Carina's instinctively smiles to herself in the mirror, her cheeks blushing. God, that girl that's still sleeping on the bed makes her feel crazy in so many more ways than just one.