Oblivion

A/N: before we start go stream uh oh and support jer! the link Is above if you need it. also, merry Christmas to anyone who celebrates. there's a little juke AND willex (which I've never written before so I'm excited hehe) in this chapter and it's my longest one yet so consider it my Christmas present to y'all ;) also, my mom got me an ornament that says "all i want for Christmas is Luke" and that's the closest I'll get to getting a ghost boyfriend for Christmas so that was cool. anywhooo into the chapter

Luke's POV:

I pick it up and unfold it carefully, making sure not to rip the delicate paper. I open it and the top reads "Perfect Harmony"

"Perfect Harmony?" I read the lyrics and they're good, they're really good. I can tell Julie put a lot of effort into it. I'm trying to finish reading the lyrics to the song but I can't get this thought out of my head.

Could this song be about me?

I mean, "Two worlds collide"? "We come to life"? "We say we're friends, we play pretend"? This has to be about me.

No, it couldn't be. It can't be. There's no denying that Julie and I have chemistry, but I'm a ghost. Julie deserves better, and I can't ruin her life. Even if this song was about me, I'd only end up hurting Julie more in the end. She already lost her Mom and me and the guys don't know how much longer we'll have with Julie. No matter how much I love her, I'll never be able to have her, and that kills me more than any hotdog could.

A/N: THAT'S SO CHEESY IM SORRY BUT I HAD TO INCLUDE THE HOTDOG LINE

I set the paper back down where I found it so Julie wouldn't suspect anything, and poof downstairs to find Reggie "talking" to Ray.

Obviously, Ray couldn't hear him, so Reggie was just talking some nonsense about Star Wars while Ray was uploading pictures onto his computer. Julie had shown Reggie how to work Carlos' iPad and ever since then, he's been hooked on Disney Plus.

"Oh hey man!" Reggie said, walking towards the kitchen where I was standing. "Okay, so we still can't eat. I just tried, and it didn't go very well."

I chuckle, Reggie always knows how to make a situation funny. He looks over and notices the sad look on my face, and seems confused.

"What's wrong? I was sad about the food thing too, but this seems like more than that." He says, studying my features like it would tell him what was happening.

"Oh, nothing." I respond. I don't really want the guys to get involved in the situation. They'd just give me too much false hope that Julie and I could ever be together.

"It's definitely not nothing. What's up? Did someone ask Julie out or something?" He asks, smirking at the last part of his questions.

"Dude, not everything is about Julie okay?" I say. The guys can't know. Especially Reggie. He can't keep secrets and I can't have it getting out that I know about Julie's song.

"Not everything, but this is. There are only three reasons you could have that look on your face." He says very matter of fact.

"Oh yeah? Since you know me sooo well, what are those things?" Reggie can't possibly know what's going on.

"Music, your parents, and Julie. And considering I just heard you shifting things around upstairs, I'm thinking you found something in her room that you didn't like." Oh, shoot. He can possibly know. I better do a good job covering it up when Julie gets home.

I stay silent. I don't want the embarrassment of admitting that I'm so upset about some song. I should be happy! Julie likes me! I think? But, this whole crush seemed a lot easier when it was just in my imagination. Now that it could be real, I'm doubting myself. I've never felt the way I do about Julie about anyone. Sure I flirted with a few girls in the past, but Julie makes me a better writer, a better person. I can't hurt Julie, and that's what being with me would do to her.