Chapter 1 Just Another Normal Day... Or Not

Disclaimer- I do not own anything that is affiliated with DC comics. Yes that sadly means I don't own Joker, Harley, or Batman. I do however own Sirena, so don't you dare steal her!

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

*Skip ahead nearly 16 years*

Sirena's P.O.V.

I sit on my bed, bored and lonely. I've already exhausted all ideas of escaping boredom, so now I just sit here. Mum said that she and dad would be back soon, if everything goes well. I sincerely hope that they do not go to Arkham AGAIN. The first few days to myself are kind of nice, but it gets kind of old after a week..

I hear loud laughter coming from the entrance of the house. That must be them, I decide. I consider if it is someone breaking in, but who would dare break in to the Joker's home? It's kind of hard to not realise this is his 'house', for lack of better word. I mean, he only has "Haha's!" and clown like decor all over this place.. 

"Honey we're hooomeee!" I hear dad say laughing in a sing song voice. I giggle at his quote, which pleases him. I learned from an early age to always laugh at dad's jokes.. I hug my mom, but just kind of look at my dad awkwardly. He isn't really one for physical displays of affection, or any affection for that matter.. 

Dad looks at me with a serious look, something that I have never seen before. It kind of scares me. "Sirena, your mother and I have something to tell you." he says, hesitating on the word 'mother.' What could THAT possibly mean?! He doesn't wait for me to talk, and continues. I tune out most of the ranting, but one thing that he says sticks with me. "We are not your parents, we kidnapped you." he says as though it were that simple. With that simple sentence, my whole world comes crashing down.

Millions of questions now race through my mind that I know can never be answered. Why me? Who are my REAL parents? Are they alive? Do they remember me? Do I look like them? Is Siran my real name? All these questions strike me at once, and my body just can't handle it. Without thinking, I walk to my room, and curl up on my bed. I think about all these questions, but they begin to seem insignificant.

I hear light knocking on the door, indicating that it was my 'mom' outside. If it had been my 'dad', he would have just broken down the door. "I don't want to talk right now." I mumble. I hear a sigh, and then footsteps meaning that she had walked away. 

Deciding that the last place I wanted to be was here, I put some shoes on, and climbed out my window. After climbing down the fire escape, I jumped down to the ground, landing easily. From the time I could walk, my mom had been teaching me everything I could ever want to know when it came to gymnastics and combat. Because of that, I felt perfectly safe going out into the city at night. 

I sighed happily, loving the fact that I was out of the house. I hardly got out much, considering my parent's plan to not let anyone know about me. Although I never went to school, I had done a fairly good job of homeschooling myself. My dad thought that it was a waste of time for me to do so, considering he expected me to go into the 'family business'. I still wasn't sure if that was what I wanted to do with my life, not that I'd ever tell dad that..

I quickly realized that I was now in an extremely shady part of the city, and began to quicken my pace. Just when I thought that I had made it out of the area, I ran right into someone. I quickly backed away, and saw that I was now surrounded by several men. They appeared to be homeless, and the one that I had ran into looked at me with a sickening grin. "What's a pretty little lady like you doin' here by yourself." He smiles, revealing his yellow, and partially rotten teeth. 

All of the combat techniques I had ever learned were quickly forgotten, and I was practically paralysed with fear. The men started moving closer, making it nearly impossible to run past them. One of them moved right behind me, and put a knife up to my neck. "Now, you're not going to scream." He tells me. 

Just when I was about to give up hope of getting away, a green gas surrounded me. I quickly realized that it was fear toxin, and attempted to hold my breath long enough to run away from it. Unfortunately, that didn't work, and I began to experience all of my worst fears. I screamed as I felt my dad cutting the sides of my mouth to make me have a permanent smile like him. I could feel tears running down my face as the scene changed, and I was now watching Batman kill my mom. I screamed for him to stop, but he didn't. I watched as he then killed my father, and was now coming after me. Just as he was about to kill me, I felt a needle in my arm.

The scene quickly faded away, and I looked up to see who I thought was Scarecrow. Upon looking at the person more, I realized that he was much too young to be Scarecrow. I shakily stood up, and saw that the person was now staring at me. He pulled off his mask to reveal that he was just a teenager, probably around my age. "I'm sorry about that. I just meant to get the men around you." He says, almost nervously. "I saw them attacking you, and well.. figured that you need help." He continued.

After a few moments of silence, it clicked in my head as to who he was. "You're Scarecrow's son, aren't you?" I ask. He looks at me, and nods his head in response. "My name's Blake, and who exactly would you be?" He asks. I hesitated to respond, unsure if I should tell him my name. "I'm not really supposed to say, but I'm sure you'll know soon enough." I respond, knowing that he and his father would most definitely be invited to my 'coming out' party. "I have to go." I say quickly, and run in the direction of my house.

Once a good distance away from the boy I now knew as Blake, I looked back at him. He was looking at the direction that I had ran in with an extremely confused look on his face. I smiled, knowing that he would be shocked when he found out who I really was. 'It looks like I now have a reason to be excited for my birthday.' I thought to myself. I smiled at the the thought of seeing Blake again, and climbed up the fire escape to my room. "Just three more days." I thought aloud, and fell asleep in my bed. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry that this chapter is short, and kind of rushed. I really wanted to give an update since all of you fans have been asking me to update this book for a while now. Tell me what you think of this chapter down in the comments! Votes are also highly appreciated! :D All of yoy fans have @SpeakNoEvil to thank for this chapter. Her books are absolutely amazing, and gave me inspiration for this chapter. If you haven't read 'Riddle Me This, Riddle Me Kat!' go read it right now!