In the Shadows (Joker's Daughter Fan- Fiction)

Disclaimer- I do not own anything that is affiliated with DC comics. Yes that sadly means I don't own Joker, Harley, or Batman. I do however own Siran so don't you dare steal her!

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Joker's P.O.V.

"Puddin?" Harley says quietly. This should be good. Whenever Harley uses that tone I know she is about to ask me something big. "What do you want now?!" I snap. I can see her feelings are hurt, good. She opens her mouth, then closes it, as if unsure of how to word her question. "Just spit it out already!" I growl angrily. If she is going to ask me something she better do it quick, I have plans for the Bat tonight!"

She finally gains an ounce of courage and says "Well Puddin, I been thinkin'. I've always wanted kids, but don't really want to have one myself, you see? Birth pains and all that. So I got to thinkin' to myself, why not just take a kid! It would be so easy!" I cut Harley off with a glare.

Now that I think of it, I suppose I do need to be looking in to an heir... I can't plan on being around forever. I kid to take over the business may not be that bad of an idea. Maybe Harls ACTUALLY had a bright idea for once! "Hwahahaha!" I laugh aloud. "You know what Harls, that really isn't that dumb of an idea!" Stupid Harley takes this as a compliment and hugs me! The nerve of her! I shove her away from me, but it doesn't phase her. Apparently nothing can damper her mood right now!

"Come along Harls!" I say and she quickly follows after me. She questions me, "Where are we goin' Mistah J?" Sometimes that girl can be so dumb... I reply as though it were obvious "To find ourselves a child my dear!" A grin spreads over Harley's face, and with that, we get in the clown car.

*-*- *-*- *-*- *-*- *-*- *-*- *-*- *-*- *-*- *-*- *-*- *-*- *-*- *-*- *-*- *-*- *-*- *-*- *-*- *-*- *-*- *-*- *-*- *-*- *-*- *-*-

Harley and I approach a house that has a sound of a crying baby coming from it. A smile creeps across my face as I look in to a window on the house. I got lucky because the room I am seeing through the window is a nursery for a baby girl! Harley giggles, so I slap her in hopes that she will shut up! I break the glass window and crawl in to the room. Of course, this noise causes the baby's parents to come in.

Looks like things just got interesting! A wicked grin spreads across my face as the couple realises who I am. "Please don't hurt our daughter!" they both beg. Ha! I love it when they beg! This just makes the whole situation so much more... fun! I pull out my switch blade and question them "Why. So. Serious?"

Once I am done with them I walk over to Harley and the screaming baby that she is holding in her arms. Harley is cooing to the baby, trying to make it be quiet. Oh how I hate children, but I suppose I will have to put up with it for me to have an heir.

"Have you decided what to name it?" I question, putting an emphasis on the 'it' part. She frowns at me and says "The baby isn't an 'it'. The baby is a girl." she smiles at it while talking to me. Well at least now she will have someone else to annoy other than me... "Oh and Puddin! She is just so.. alluring, makes you want to love her just by looking at her! I think I know what we should name her! Sirena! I think it means something along the lines of lovely, and alluring. What do ya think?" she says with hope very nearly oozing out of her. If Harley is to be her mother I suppose I can let her make this decision.. "Yes. It will be called Sirena. She will be my heir, and one day, she will live to serve me and destroy the Bat!" I say, letting my hate of Batman be clearly shown.

Harley's face lights up and she holds the child closer to her. She begins mumbling more idiotic things to the baby, so I pull her out of the house by her hair. "Let us leave before the Bat arrives. I do not want him knowing of Sirena until we announce her to the world on her.. hmm let's say 16th birthday? Yes, that sounds reasonable! Now let's not linger here any longer." I announce and we get in the car to take the baby back to the fun house.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Yes, I know this chapter was very short. That is because it is only a teaser chapter to give you readers an idea as to what this book will be about. If you like it vote or comment to give me input on what you think I should do with the book. Thanks for reading/commenting/voting! -brookeworm22556