Think before I talk

Warning ~ ANGST

Summary ~ corpse thinks you’re cheating and breaks up with you.

Your bestfriend was coming today.

You hadn’t seen him since highschool, both of you going your separate ways after it ended. You had moved to L.A and had decided to get a roommate. That’s how you came across your bestfriend rae. You had been living with her for about three years. You still kept in touch with shawn even after highschool, you guys didn’t want to just end the friendship for some long distance.

You had met corpse through rae actually, the both of you hitting it off after meeting when rae had invited him for a hangout at sykkuno’s.

It had now been one year into your relationship, you being the happiest you’ve ever been. He wasn’t really one for relationships but he gave it a chance when it came to you.

Shawn had been waiting at a small cafe near where you lived. You were running a bit late seeing as your car needed gas. Today had definitely been a hectic day for you, your boss had yelled at you for someone else’s mistake, you hadn’t eaten breakfast and you had to rewrite parts of an essay for your english literature class that didn’t save on your computer. Even after all that, you found time to meet up with your longtime bestfriend.

In the rush of it all, you had forgotten that you were supposed to go to corpse’s apartment at the same time that you were meeting shawn. Corpse had been starting to worry after it had been thirty minutes, and you hadn’t come by yet. He had been sending you text after text, he didn’t want to be a clingy boyfriend but he didn’t have the best past with relationships.

They all would cut him off out of nowhere and would leave him with such a deep insecurity within him. Your phone had been off, you turned it off after not being able to take today’s fair share of hate that you get from dating corpse, especially after the day you’ve had.

“ [ y/n ]!” You heard shawn yell as you made it inside the cafe.

He immediately stood up and went to embrace you in a tight hug making a small laugh to fall from your lips. “Hey shawn” he put you down and both of you went to take a seat. “So how have you been bub” he asked. “ I’ve been good, besides today anyway.”

“What happened?” His voice filled with worry. “I guess it was just a bad day today, I really do not want to rethink about what happened” you let out a breathy chuckle. He nodded and left it at that. “But enough about that, how have you been these past few years? I mean I know you have a girlfriend, she’s gorgeous by the way”

“Ahh thank you and nothing much really, I mean I’ve been working my ass off in uni and you know, trying to cut back on the partying too much” he laughed. As the conversation went on, you both ordered and kept filling eachother in on everything.

Corpse on the other hand, had reached his breaking point. He called rae but she didn’t know anything, he tried poki, nothing. He had called your phone about five times, no answer. He decided to give it a rest and went to play a few games on his PC.

It had now been two hours and you had just finished talking to shawn. Corpse was infuriated, he wasn’t a fan of people breaking promises, especially when they came from you. Now he was okay with you being thirty minutes late, but two hours? That’s definitely his final straw, but what really broke him down? A picture that a fan had taken of you and shawn laughing together. He didn’t want to make anything of it, but he was starting to overthink.

‘She’s fucking leaving me’

'I knew this was bound to happen’

'She never loved me’

He marched out of his room and headed straight to the kitchen, took a glass cup from his cabinet and threw it at the floor “fuck!” He yelled in rage.

His hands went to his hair and pulled hard as he sunk to the floor, tears running down his face as sobs started leaving his lips.

You had decided to go to his apartment after meeting with shawn, you had been halfway there when you turned your phone on. “Fuck” you whispered as you saw the text messages start to flow in.

'Baby where are you’

'Princess?’

'Are you okay?’

'Babygirl you’re worrying me, where the fuck are you??’

You cursed at yourself as soon as you remembered that you had promised him you would come over earlier today. You had your apologies prepared for when you walked into his apartment. You were expecting him to just be patiently wait for you while playing video games, holding onto the hope that he would forgive you.

But boy were you wrong, because as soon as you walked through that door, you found him on the floor, shaking and sobbing loudly. You were confused though, was all of this because you were late? You were lost.

“Baby?” You immediately went to him and tried to help him up but he flinched away from you. He stoop up on his own and looked at you with a deadly stare that had you feeling small under him. He backed you up into the wall behind you, planting his palm above your head. “You know, it’s one thing for you to be late.” He growled, his face close to yours. “But to fucking cheat on me? The least you could have done was tell me” the stern tone never leaving his voice. “What are you talking about?” your voice calmer than his which just made him angrier.

He slammed his hand on the wall making you flinch. “Don’t you play stupid with me!” he flared his nostrils. You were genuinely confused, you knew that he’d never hurt you, but that didn’t mean that you weren’t starting to get scared. “Corpse, please I really don’t know what you’re talking about” the tears were starting to form in your eyes.

Fuck. He almost gave in because you looked genuinely scared and the last thing he wanted was for his baby to fear him. He ignored it and kept his demeanor on. “Get the fuck out, we’re done” he slid his hand off of the wall and ran it through his hair as he clenched his jaw.

“Bub please” you tried reaching for his arm. “I said get the fuck out!” You pulled your hand back, flinching and went to grab your things. Walking out of his apartment with tears running down your face.