Two

Jungkook was worried, following behind his father as he walked down the road. The conversation hadn't gone the way Jungkook had hoped.

When he saw the man outside of the store, he'd instantly panicked. What was he doing here? Why had he suddenly shown up at his work?

"Appa!" He called out, trying to hurry after the man, who was walking far too quickly. "Appa please, why are you here? You aren't supposed to be out of bed!" He pleaded. "Why did you leave the home?"

"They kicked me out." He said simply, but not unkindly. That had always been the way of his father. He just accepted what he was told, but he'd never sugar coated anything. Jungkook flinched at the words, but shock was coursing through him.

"Appa, they kicked you out?" He asked quietly. "But you need the treatment they give there! I've been paying for--"

"Your mother informed me that you were saving the money for college. I don't blame you." The elder sighed, looking down at his son. "Your old man isn't as healthy as he used to be, and I know that it's a lot, asking you and your mother to pay for those expensive bills at the home. I don't blame you for not helping her out son, I don't."

"What? But I gave every single paycheck to--"

"It doesn't matter, son." He said, cutting Jungkook off. "What's done is done, and I am returning home."

"But appa, you'll die."

"If that is what it takes."

"For what!?" Jungkook cried out, stopping on the street, drenching himself further in the rain. His father had an umbrella, but Jungkook wasn't going to crowd underneath it and risk his father getting wet. He didn't want him to suffer anymore than he already was. "Appa, I don't know what I would do if you...i-if you died. A-and I don't know what happened with the money--"

"Jungkook." Jungkook's breath hitched as he felt his father's hand on his shoulder, lifting his tear glazed eyes up to his father's kind ones. "Jungkook I've lived the life I've wanted to. I had a son, whom I love with all my heart. And I've seen you grow up into a wonderful young man. And that's all that I could ask for. I'm content where I am now."

Jungkook bit his bottom lip, not saying anything more. When his father was determined, then he was determined. He wouldn't listen to anything that Jungkook said.

It was horrible.

Because Jungkook gave every single paycheck he'd ever made to his mother, so that his father could stay in Busan and receive the treatment he needed for his heart.

But if he got kicked out because the bills weren't being paid, then where was the money going? He spent years working to help support their family, they'd never been rich, and he'd never kept a dime for himself. His mother had stopped working three years ago as well, as soon as his father had left for the facility, claiming that Jungkook was an adult now, that he had a responsibility to take care of his family.

And he'd dropped everything for that. He'd given up on his dreams, on his scholarships, on everything.

He'd barely graduated high school, being a star student all the way until second semester when he'd nearly failed all of his classes. The only reason he had graduated was because the administration had seen how well he was doing and had obviously figured out that something had happened.

And now everything that he'd worked for was going to waste. All he'd wanted was for his father to get better, to live a longer and a better life. He loved his father with all he had, they had a special connection that couldn't be broken.