❀[002]❀

"Well... do you know his name?"

The girls fingers swirled around the rim of her drink while she looked up at you. That alluring gaze, a friendly one even, she look one look before a dipping down to take a sip. This was Catherine. Just a neighborhood friend that drags you around everywhere. Literally everywhere. She took you out today, as promised, to listen to your dreams.

"Well... No? He just says I love you over and over with the occasional where are you and help me." Cathy curled her fingers into a ball, leaning her face into it. She rested her head while deep in thought.

"Maybe... You've known him this whole time! In a past life! Ooga booga booga!"

"Don't be ridiculous..."

"No, no, no! Hear me out! What if he's known you but you don't know him! Like.. like.. He's from a different universe or dimension~✨" You went dead silent at her comment, looking at her as if she had 3 heads.

"...We are going to pretend, we didn't hear that." You murmur, putting your hand on your forehead and averting your gaze. She crinkled her nose at your remark, leaning back into her seat, nesting her back into the soft yet cheap table booth seating. She dug her hands into her pocket pulling out her phone.

"So, how's that bird? The one you've been oh so worried about?" Catherine yawned out, stretching a bit.

"Bird? ....hmm? Oh, That bird! Still being neglected by it's owner as per usual..." Catherine scrolled through her phone with a bored expression before flinching when you slammed your hands onto the table, "You know what? Fuck that birds owner! I'm setting that bird free! It's not even domesticated... They just put it in a cage!"

"Isn't that illegal?"

"Is it?"

"You.. I.. You'd literally be trespassing on someone else's property!" She retorted.

"Well, bugs and animals do that nearly every day! Same goes for postmen"

"You can't sue an ant"

"Watch me. I'll file a restraining order and all my problems will be solved"

"Aren't there like thousands of ants in a net though?"

"Guess I'll have thousands of restraining orders then"

Catherine rolled her eyes while you gave her a cheeky grin. She gripped onto your hand tightly intertwining her fingers with your own, holding tightly onto your hand. She smacked a few dollar bills on the table before dragging you out of the restaurant. You groaned but limply went along with her, letting her do whatever she wanted for the rest of the day.

She dragged you literally everywhere but stopped outside of a hardware store, "you are setting that bird free, right? Isn't the cage locked? Like with an actual lock? Why don't you get a pair of pliers? The lock shouldn't be that big"

"Wait- you aren't coming with me?"

"Hell no. I have plans called eating ice cream on my couch and using covid as my get out of jail free card for literally everyone.. Including you" You pursed your lips and glared at her while she skipped off through the aisles. You shook your head and walked around the hardware store.

Stores like these always had a thick smell of dust and oils occasionally it'd smell like wood. The stores we're always hot because they had those extremely cheap fans rather then an actual AC to use. You wandered through an aisle before hauling at a small pair of pliers and staring at them.

Ỷ̵̫̳̟̪͕̯̉͘͜/̶̟͎͍̊ņ̷͉̰̘̗͐͑͝.̵̮̤̟̹̘̙̱̫̾͂̋̄̓͊̌͒͜.̸̫͎̗͇͓̗͔͚͚͙͎͍̟̟̓̾͜.̷̲̋̍

̵̯̫̹̘͖̾̿̉̓̎̽͛̋
̸̜͉͋͜C̵̦̗̗͈͈̳̘̹̆̀̇̂̎̀͗̈́͠ą̴͓̰̖́̽n̴̯̫̞̱̟̘̮̲̠̼͇̱̘̰̓̓͊̓̇̋̕ ̵̡̫̥̭̦̱̼͔̝͖͔̱̊̿̌͛̇̃̊̍̋̈́̑̕͝ͅy̸̙̯͇̘͖̞̥͕̻͍̬̩̦͓͑͝ơ̷̭̤̙̪̮̣͔̘͍̘̦̄̉͒̽̅̔̾͘͝͝u̶̝͆̿͆̔͑̂̇ ̶͍̲͖͓̦͈̲͈̥̹̱͇͒͗̍h̶̨̻̗̼͎̜͛̂͂̀͒͑̋͂͆̾͘ͅę̶̣̪̼̣̦̲̹̼͓̻͕̻̠̿͋͛̈́̎̋̑̏͒̕͠a̸̡͕̪͖̠͋̎̀͊̆͂̔̎̆͋̀̆͝͠͝ŗ̷͖͓͙̱̀̔̎͛̋̄ ̵̨̭͊̓m̸̛̱̮͈̰̬͖̪̺͙̅̇̋̇̊̓̌̐̕̚̕͝͠ͅẹ̶̢̢̢̧̪̘̞͙͕̗͇̝͗.̸̡̜͙̥̲͕͂́̽́̽̓̒͊͌́͗.̶̨̡̱̪̯̥̮̎̂̌̾́̚͝?̵̤̱͚̬͇̬̱̎̂̂̄̀̐͊̅͂̿̇̈́͐̇͠