Chapter 4

Merry Christmas all!
Enjoy the 11k. I wasn't planning to post today, but here you go.
I wasn't planning to write smut for this book but lol things escalated way too fast.
Semi-Smut ahead.

***

24th Dec, Thursday

The Annual Christmas Gala was everything he imagined it to be. With their investors, shareholders, and prestigious clients attending apart from their staff, the Parks always made it an entertaining, unforgettable event.

Usually, they booked a huge meeting room or a ballroom. This time though, they've booked a wedding hall with a garden. It looked every bit magical with lights strewn along the way. The venue was a mixture of red, gold and white colors decorated to the nines.

Jungkook's eyes were glued to the chocolate fondue fountain with fruit buffet and variety of snacks. He instinctively knew he'd be spending a lot of time around that for the rest of the night. The best thing about the events hosted by Park Corporation was the food. They served the best.

Tae and Jungkook crowded the chocolate fountain, snacking on a pretzel. Beside him Tae hummed in approval as he munched on a strawberry. They had at least six makeshift bars situated at different parts of the venue, so the crowd was equally distributed. He noticed a few indoor games set up in the garden area where the staff was huddled around playing pool, darts, and other games.

The VIP guests and their dates were on the other side of the party hall, talking in groups. Men and woman dressed in expensive designer clothes and sparkling jewelry mingled with a glass of champagne. Securities dressed in elegant suits monitored the area.

Though it was an open space, Jungkook could clearly spot the difference between the higher ups and the ordinary staff. It made Jungkook realize how different his world was from that of Jimin's.

Taehyung squeezed his shoulder as if sensing his line of thoughts. "Don't finish that thought," he warned.

"I don't know how you even know what I'm thinking about."

"I know you well and I've been to events too you know," he pointed out. "Majority of the business happens in gatherings like this. They might look like they're just chatting but who knows how many business deals are finalized by the end of the night?"

These events were important for networking. Jungkook knew that, but it still didn't ease his mind. He—

"I said to stop overthinking."

"I hate you sometimes," Jungkook grumbled.

"We both know you love me. Now come on. Let's find Yoongi hyung." Tae dragged him through the throng of people, careening through the crowd and grabbing expensive-looking Champagne on their way.

Jungkook accepted the drink but made no move to consume it knowing what would entail if he did that. Also, he was their driver tonight. So, this glass would have to do for the rest of the night. The party started at eight and they showed up fashionably late, which was only thirty minutes. They found Yoongi talking to a group of people and went right to him.

Tae greeted Yoongi with a half hug while Yoongi grinned at the both of them. Jungkook decided to stick to the pair until Jimin showed up.

He watched the others having fun while pretending to nurse his champagne. It had been a while since they reached the party. Yoongi and Tae were mingling really well. A lot of people came to talk to Yoongi and his hyung was pretty decent in holding long conversations compared to him. Tae fit right in though, he was glued to Jungkook to keep him company most of the time.

He hadn't realized how much time had passed when his bullies finally made an appearance for the night.

"Your boyfriend stood up on you, huh?" Yunho started much to Tae's chagrin.