four

. wilbur .

buzz.

blair awoke thanks to her phone buzzing, she angrily looked to see who disturbed her slumber but smiled as she saw dream really did dm her.

she was slightly hung over from her previous night out, where she finally let herself go and had a few drinks with grace, yet paid the price as she rubbed her temples. she sat up and clicked on the twitter icon.

twitter dm's:

dream - hey, was wondering when you'd like to do the collab?

wow dream is really texting me rn... 😳 - red

dream - are you simping for me, red? 🥺😩

what if i am? - red

dream - then we'd have to do the collab soon, today? 😶

i'm busy collabing with wilbur, tomorrow dweamie? 😓 - red

dream - you know wilbur???? also yes pls.

longer than you have ;) - red

dream - damn

well i'll see you soon, greeny - red

blair sighed and held her phone close to her chest. this green man is slick in dm's.

instagram:

wilbursoot: what time should i come over, blair?

uhhh, 3pm ish? :red

wilbursoot: sound good, look at the lyrics i sent you!

will do, see ya soon :red

she took a quick morning shower, preparing herself for her collab. blair was going to be featured in wilburs new song, which he hadn't named yet. she had sang with wilbur before but never in front of people, let alone on youtube. she was nervous but still quite eager to start the song, she couldn't think of a better person to sing with than wilbur.

———

she heard a knock on the door, it was around 3pm so assumed it was wilbur, and when she opened the door to reveal a tall, scruffy headed man her assumptions were confirmed.

"wilbur!" blair exclaimed, hugging him tightly,

"blair!" he exclaimed mockingly, "it's been so long!" he pulled away from her hug, looking her up and down, "nice to know you haven't grown." he teased her height of 5'3.
"shut up, let's just get on with the song. what's it about?" blair asked, she had read some of the lyrics but he hadn't finished it yet, as he wanted her input.

"uh, i don't know. so you're gonna be singing as my girlfriend and the song will be called 'my (something) girlfriend', but i don't know what the something is yet. that's where i need your help."

"well, let's get setup and i'll try and figure it out. yeah?"
"yup, already got my guitar tuned and ready. oh, and you can still play piano right?"

"kind of... why?"

"piano riff!" he explained comedically,

"fine."

blair and wilbur spent a long time setting up the microphone with a lot of banter in between. they always had gotten on so well, they were like siblings to each other, and wilbur could be quite overprotective. blair had even moved in with him when she still lived in britain.

"i figured it out!" blair shouted.
"what?"
"it can be 'my faceless girlfriend'!" blair said proudly,

"yes! that's so good. okay. so the chorus can be 'my faceless girlfriend...' then you come in with 'i'm the faceless girlfriend' and we repeat that and then it could be like 'she's such a dream' or something?"

"i love it!"

they finished the lyrics finally, polished and perfected, and finally recorded the final version. it took a while to get the vocals perfect due to their laughing but they managed it.
when they started filming the music video, blair agreed to be in it, but with a paper bag with a smiley face drawn on covering her face. it was a comedy song after all. they ended the video with wilbur and blair standing against each other laughing, showing off the height difference. blair couldn't wait to see the comments.

"so when are we posting this?" asked blair, excited to show her fans, since she was quite proud of her and wilburs song.

"tomorrow, but i'm going to tweet about it now, and we can post a pic of the paper bag like a teaser."

they both tweeted out, blair being more secretive than wilbur.

twitter:

@/wilbursoot - new song out tomorrow, and i have a special guest! this ones gonna be good.
-one imagine attached-

@/tommyinnit
IS IT ME?!
@/wilbursoot no
@/tubbo
hi wilbur!
@/wilbursoot hello child
@/user12345
niki???

@/red - did something cool today. coming soon! ;)

@/wilbursoot
you did not lie
        @/red correct
@/dream
everything you do is cool 😓
        @/red  omg who's this cute man 😩
                @/dream  😳

                       @/user1245  SIMPS R FLIRTING

"so you and dream huh?" wilbur asked suggestively, "who knew."

"shut up it's just a twitter thing..." blair argued, "and you know i'm not keen on dating right now."

"it's time! it's time to get over that asshole. you know you need to."

blair sighed in defeat, he was right, but she still wasn't sure. she couldn't help but distance herself from love and relationships, but maybe it was time to change that. time for a leap of faith.

- a/n -

there will be more dream soon dw. also this chapters a lil shorter i just wanted to have the collab with wilbur in this one, but usually i'll try and have around 1000 words in a chapter. see ya :)