thirteen

. silence .

"hunter." blair fought to keep her composure, failing since he was her weakness,

hunter stayed silent, waiting for her to notice the defeated figure slumped on the sofa behind him, which blair did almost instantly.

"grace! are you-" blair tried to check on her friend but she was quickly shoved and pinned to the counter behind her, her phone falling from her hands onto the counter top.

"c'mon blair, you know better than that." he scolded,

"let me fucking go," she hissed, attempting to escape his tight grasp.

her back was aching like crazy against the hard edge of the counter, and her wrists began to sting due to the cold hands wrapped around them, which perfectly fitted around her past scars and bruises like a puzzle piece.

"okay, baby. anything for you." his manipulative voice echoed through blair's head, and she felt her wrists out of his possession.

he still stood close to her, making sure she couldn't leave, but before she lost all hope she felt her phones vibration ring out, and she remembered saying she would call clay when she got home, and he most likely got worried and called her instead. blair discreetly tried to answer the call, hoping for any sort of help.

"what are you doing here?" as he pushed her into the counter even more, she felt a lump forming in her throat, knowing if she spoke again tears would fall from her eyes with no mercy,

"baby, i want you back. i can forgive you, because i know you still love me." his toxic tone made blair want to gag,

"i-i don't love you! you're a fucking asshole, leave me alone." blair was on ther verge of sobbing as she pushed him away and he stook a step back, anger building up inside of him,

blair felt déjà vu as she relived the feeling of instant regret, and he slapped her across the face. when grace heard the sharp noise she finally stood, mustering the courage to stand up for her friend.

"hunter! if you don't leave now i'll call the fucking cops. so get the fuck out." grace shouted and pointed to the door, an angry expression glued to her face.

"i know where you fucking live, bitches." hunter said as he stormed out.

she looked at blair who had a hand to her now rosy red cheek and tears spilling from her eyes. thankfully, hunter had left, although slamming the door behind him. blair quickly turned around to hang up the call, wandering how much clay would've heard. blair felt grace pull her into a warm hug, and blair weeped silently into her shoulder.

when she pulled away, she realised she had a lot of missed calls and a number of unseen messages from clay. she wiped her eyes and opened her phone.

messages:
clay 🟩: what's going on?
               are you okay?
do you want to come stay at mine?
sent~ 6:06pm

          i'm fine! :) :red
                                         its all dealt with
sent~ 6:11

clay 🟩: are you sure you don't want to stay at mine, your roommate can come to, it's no problem

only if you're okay with it...? :red