"I'm not weak" I argue. | Chapter 2

I hear rustling and whispering out my window, “Rose” I hear a whisper.

“Katherine!” I scream running out down the stairs.

“Rose?” she looks back jumping up instantly, “What’s wrong?” she asks frantically.

 “Someone’s outside!” I point towards the door. She grabs her gun off the table, “Katherine, the purge hasn’t even started yet, you can’t just kill them” I say grabbing the gun from her hands.

 “I’m only going to scare them” she laughs, opening the door.

 “Hey!” I hear a familiar voice.

“Mali!” Katherine hugs her.

 “Mali! You don’t just sneak up on people like that!” I whine.

“Oh come on Rose, it was pretty funny!” Katherine laughs.

 “No it actually wasn’t” I say seriously.

We all go down stairs and say good bye to Aunt Jenna and Emily. “Bye girls, stay safe and no boys. Because I find out one of you are pregnant I with hunt him down and chop his penis off” he says before leaving.

“Omg, she’s so weird. Oh and Mali shouldn’t you be leaving soon the purge is almost starting” I ask frantically following her into the kitchen.

 “Calm down, we still have like 5 minutes, chill” she says rummaging through the fridge.

 “So, Katherine, are you ready for tonight?” Mali says smirking.

 “Of course I am” Katherine says proudly.

 “Of course not!”  I say sternly.

 “You aren’t the boss of me” Katherine says starting to raise her voice.

“Ok, well I’m just going to leave now, please don’t kill each other” Mali says smiling and walking out of the house.

“Look, you’ve scared my friend off with your responsibilities and concerns” Katherine says walking over to the living room.

 “No she left because you started to raise your voice and cause a scene” I retort.

 “Whatever” she says.

“Why can’t you be more like me?” I ask.

“More like you? I would rather die than be the little weak and pathetic girl that you are” she says walking over to me.

“I’m not weak” I argue.

 “Really because I remember that you were the one who cried til 1 am everyone night when mum, dad and Jeremy died. And I was the one you kept this family going while you upstairs being a brat” Katherine spits.

The siren goes off 4 times as per normal when Katherine says “Guess that’s my cue” she smirks and walks out the door slamming it shut and hopping on her motorbike. “Bitch!” I scream kicking the sofa.

I try to eat and watch T.V to distract me from Katherine and the fact that the Purge is happening outside right now. I don't know how to explain exactly how scared i am, just think of a little girl losing her mother in the shopping centre x 10. 

“Katherine!” a man yells, causing me to drop half of my food on the ground in the process. “I know you have her!” he bangs on the door, I slowly walk out into the main entrance, “I can see you” he chuckles, I hear the sound of a shotgun being loaded instantly making me retreat back from the door, BANG! The door gets shot open causing me to run into the lounge room I was recently in, “Oh, it’s not like Katherine to hide!” he laughs, “Find her!” he yells, I hear footsteps walking around my house, I see footsteps walking into the lounge as I hide under the small coffee table, someone grabs me from behind, “Gotcha!” I scream trying to get out of his grip, James Braddock.