"Why do you have to suffer from all this guilt?" | Chapter 4

Charles Chaplain’s P.O.V

Where the hell, did he go? I didn’t actually mean for him to run out of the house, probably because I actually expected him to stay home. “Where do think he went?” Rose asks limping beside me.

I look at her and stop, I pass her the gun and wrap her arm around my neck, grabbing her legs and lifting her into my arms, “Hey, you can’t carry me all night” she laughs.

 “Well for now, I can”.

*Little time later*

“Charles!” my ex-girlfriend Jenny says, jumping out of the bushes.

“Shit!” Rose flinches in my arms.

 “Why are you carrying her?” Jenny asks, holding her swords beside her.

“Because she’s hurt and I wasn’t going to let her limp around town” I reply slowly putting her down.

“I’m pretty sure she’s alive, therefore she can walk by herself” she says walking back to the group.

“Jen” I call following her, “Jennifer, stop” she stops and turns around.

 “Why do you always do this to me?” she whines. “It’s not fair”.

 “Do what?” I ask confused.

“Make me feel replaceable, it’s like I meant nothing to you” she growls.

“Jennifer, I was just carrying her because her sister beat her up” she scoffs.

 “What a loser” she laughs.

 “She’s not-” I try to defend.

 “Have you not noticed how weak and guilty she can easily be? She is the weakest person I have ever met, and I would know because, I know it’s hard to believe but we used to be friends, she is the only reason any of us would actually die! We can’t risk having someone like her with us! Just think about it” she argues, walking over to Jimmy Burns, I turn around and Rose is sitting in the gutter.

“Rose” I whisper bending down to her height, “We can’t stop here-”

“Charles, I’ve messed up my whole life, my parents are gone, my baby brother is gone, my sister hates me, I have no clue what I’m going to do now! I have nowhere to stay- oh my god, my house!” she screams standing up. I quickly grab her, “No, no, no! I need to get to my house!-”

“Rose!” she tries getting out of my grip, making me grab her tighter, “Rose! We’ll figure this out! Just not here, not now!” I reassure her, she looks up at me with tears in her eyes.

“Please Charles, I need to go home” she pleads.

“Rose; you can’t go home… you don’t have a home to go to” I look back up at her, she starts to breath heavily, her eyes start to well up again, “Rose!” I laugh sitting down next to her, “You need to calm down” I say brushing her hair out of her eyes, (A/N Cliché I know) she wraps her arms around my waist catching me by surprise, “Hey, just calm down, we’ll figure it out, okay” I smile down at her hugging her back. “But for now…” I say kneeling back into my last position, “You need to forget about all the guilt you have ever felt” I reply grabbing her hands, “Trust me, I can help you” I reassure.

“How?” she whimpers.

“Think of all the horrible things that have happened to you, and turn against them, why should you have to suffer from all this guilt if anyone else doesn’t?” I say running my hand through her hair, “Stop feeling guilty for things that weren’t your fault, okay?” she stares at the ground, “Look at me, look at me, Rose” I grab her head and look into her eyes; she starts to breathe normally, and just stares at me. After a while of awkwardly staring at each other, I stand up and look towards the other 7 people standing and talking amongst each other.