chapter 7 - jealousy

When James Potter woke up to voices murmuring, he thought it was a normal day. Then he remembered the weight on his chest, "Guys shut it, she's still asleep." They shut up immediately. "What're you going to do mate, she probably doesn't remember much of last night. And she probably won't be too happy to wake up in his arms," Remus spoke up. James glared at him, "Ouch Moony." Remus just replied with, "I mean, she's going to think she had drunk sex with you. Use that ego filled brain of yours Prongs for something other than pranking and quidditch."  James eyes went wide as he spoke, "Well I don't want anyone else to take advantage of her, so i'll just stay with her. Tell Minnie she's taking another mental health day."

* * * *

When Ember woke up, she heard voices just as James did. They were talking about her, so she decided to pretend to be asleep.

*literally the convo in the previous section*

"thank you James," she whispered into his ear. She had a smile on her face when he snapped his head to her eyes, "Hello Miss Ember, now tell me how long you have been up?" "Since you i'm guessing, anyways I do remember everything from last night. Firewhiskey only knocks me out. Well, thank you for taking care of me last night, but I have to go. Bye!" He shook his head at her chuckling slightly as he watched her run out of the door.

Ember was full of energy after she sprinted out of James's Room. She was immensely glad that he didn't bring up their almost kiss. She only heard Sirius's words from the night before. Her head felt fuzzy about the rest of the night. She would've brought up her feelings with Jame, but instead she had freaked out and ran away. That was her solution to everything, running. 

Ember decided to run from her feelings a little longer. Once she talked to James, nothing would stay the same. She decided to use her health day to exercise and run from everything in her life. As she completed her 5th lap, she heard someone clapping. Owen Davies. 

Owen Davies, one of the Ravenclaw Beaters. He had always had a mini crush on the girl But he never spoke about it because of James's threatening. The boy had blonde hair, and a beautiful jawline. His personality, flawless. He was a nice guy, not popular, funny, everything anyone would want in a good guy. He honestly was Sirius's biggest competition. Except Owen didn't shag any girls just for the pleasure, he had actual relationships. She had always admired his smarts and how kind he was, but she felt nothing more than admiration for the boy.

"Hey Davies, what brings you to the beloved quidditch pitch today?" She asked him, still slightly out of breath. "Nothing, just watching a pretty girl play." She blushed, "Who me, look at yourself pretty boy." He just scoffed, "Hey while i'm here, do you want to practice with me? My teammate is out for the week with the flu." "Bummer about Young, but sure!" "Okay, it's a date. What do you want to work on first." "Stamina, i've seen you play. You always seem to be out of breath, I thought it was asthma, but it's not." "Wow Ember, I didn't even really think you knew who I was." "How could I not pretty boy?" He laughed, "Okay enough flirting let's actually practice, bet I could beat you around the pitch." "Oh your on pretty boy" she teased.

* * * *

James watched her run out the door, deciding to follow her. He crept out the door, to find her running down the corridor. He sighed mumbling something about, 'bloody beautiful long legs, it's too early for this shit.' He looked out the window to find her running towards the quidditch pitch. He knew that there weren't any passages through the quidditch pitch, so he decided to walk instead of run. 

He was eager to watch her play, he never really go to watch her because he had his own job as chaser. He was in his thoughts when he saw someone walking in the same direction he was. He recognized the boy in front of him as Owen Davies. He was the alter ego of Sirius, truly scarly. The guy was the opposite of Sirius, except all the girls still threw themselves at both of them. He only hoped Ember didn't do the same things.

He watched her blush at his words, and he sighed turning around feeling disappointed and another feeling. It was one he had felt before, when Ember had gone out with other guys. He never liked the feeling of being jealous. This time was different. The feeling of sadness only intensified his jealousy. He thought he was really getting somewhere with her, that she had actually tolerated him. His sadness was intensified this time because he knew that she deserved him, not himself.

He trudged up to his dorm, opening the door slowly to see if any of his friends were there. When he saw no one, he flopped onto his bed, letting a tear escape his eye. He continued to sob into his pillow, he thought he had lost her forever. He was so occupied in his thoughts that he hadn't seen his friends come into their dorm. 

The boys walked into their dorm quietly. They noticed James flopped on his bed. They looked closer and they saw he was crying. "James why are crying?" Peter questioned him. James just now noticing his friends' presence, sat up slowly. "S-she doesn't even like me. She hates me, i thought she might've at least tolerated me. But no she just had to go on a date with the perfect guy. He's gonna win her, I can't bloody lose her. She's my everything." James told them, tears flowing, eyes not meeting his friends. They stood shocked, "James, I can guarantee she at least tolerates you. She just needs time." Sirius explained to his best friend. "I think you need to talk to her. Show her the real you, the side not everyone sees." Peter spoke. Remus replied, "Do you remember the smile on her face when she saw you helping that first year? Don't you see mate, you are only showing her the tough exterior, show her your vulnerable side. She saw it and she cuddled up to you." James snapped his head at his friends. He had no idea what he would do without them.