chapter 19 - cuddling with death eaters

"Get the hell up you git!" was what James heard at what he thought was lunch time. Let me be the first to tell you, it was not. 

A shirtless James groaned, grabbing a pillow and whoever was yelling at him. James stretched his arms, yawning as he did so. He was hungover as hell and wanted to get rid of whoever was yelling, so his brain decided the best way to shut them up was to cuddle with them. And that's what he did. 

With his eyes still closed, he aimlessly grabbed the hem of the person's shirt and tugged them down on their side. He draped his arm around their waist, skimming his fingers across their skin. Said person did not like this very much.

Fortunately or unfortunately, you can decide, 'said person' just so happened to be the person he had been avoiding for a whole week. 

Ember began to struggle in James's gentle, yet strong grip. While James continued to hold Ember against his toned chest. Ember continued to struggle, but found her attempts futile against his arms. She finally gave up and relaxed into his grasp. She slowly put her hand over the one on her waist, letting her fingers trail over his arm slowly, not wanting to disturb the sleeping boy. 

She immediately scolded her mind, angry at herself for still having some emotions for someone that would only leave her in the end. What she was unaware of was that James was scared of the exact same thing. 

After they had kissed, Ember had passed out again and been taken to Madame Pomfrey, she refused to see him the one time he came to see her. He had only taken her refusal as rejection, and this time he feared it was real. He didn't have the heart to face her again, because then he really had to let her in, and then... well he wasn't exactly sure what he would do then. His whole life had been revolved around her, his friends, and pranks. And a majority of pranks wouldn't be allowed at his house or if he moved out. So with two of those three things gone, well he wouldn't have much left. 

Ember relaxed, beginning to slide out of his hold. Once she wiggled herself out, she turned to briskly walk away. Suddenly she stopped in her tracks, a mischievous glint in her eyes as she faced the messy haired boy once more. She moved quietly around his dorm, looking for two essential marauder items. She mumbled a quiet, "yes" before reaching under his bed and grabbing his invisibility cloak. She looked under Sirius's pillow to find the marauders map. She picked it up, wanting to see what the messrs had to say about her. Although she knew how to open it, she was still curious. 

She took her wand out of her skirt, tapping the map once, "revelio." Words sprang to life as the messrs came alive. 

Messr Moony advises you to speak to Messr Prongs

She scoffed a bit before moving onto the next line. 

Messr Wormtail advises you to put the map down before you get caught

Messr Padfoot advises you to stop telling people that his hair is a wig

She laughed out loud at Sirius's comment before hesitantly moving on to the last messr.

Messr Prongs advises you to be happy

She reread the words, trying to see the meaning behind the simple phrase. Shaking herself out of her thoughts, she gained one last prank idea. She went into their bathroom, taking all of Sirius's hair items and putting them all into James's five-in-one body wash. 

She giggled to herself, "Now it's 10 in one." She threw all of Sirius's bottles and containers into their laundry hamper. She transfigured Remus's chocolate stash into blank pieces of parchment, each one looking like the marauder's map. She decided to leave Peter alone, because she couldn't think of anything else. Then one final idea popped into her head... She cast a charm on the whole room, before clapping her hands together in giddiness.

She had cast a charm in the room that wouldn't allow food in. It was a spell of her own creation. Extremely random, but she wouldn't allow food in the library so she did it without anyone knowing.

She looked around the room before walking out, leaving James to sleep because she felt no need to be that close to him. She quietly closed the door before putting the invisibility cloak over her body and climbing down the stairs. 

* * * *

It had been a few days after Ember had pranked the marauders, and the boys were less than pleased. Two specific ones.

"Sirius you were the person with the map last! You probably left it potions or threw it in the hamper, bloody hell!" 

"No you probably lost it when you were running away from your Firebird."

"Shut it snuffles."

"Can it coat hanger."

Remus finally stopped hysterically laughing at the situation, because he knew who had taken it. The boys he called his best friends just happened to not pick up on any kind of clues leading to the convict. Ember could honestly be a spy at this point, she knew everything about these boys. Okay maybe not everything but she she was pretty damn close. 

"Boys, bloody hell, your turning our dorm into a slytherin versus gryffindor match!"

Both boys shared a glanced with each other before shouting, "He's the slytherin!"

Remus gave Sirius and James an annoyed look before ordering them to go to sleep before he went to get the girls. They immediately jumped into bed, saying goodnight and falling asleep rather quickly. 

Peter had been silent during this conversation, trying to bring food into the room after getting scolded for taking Remus's chocolates. He huffed and went down to the kitchens. He was walking down the corridor when he heardsome voices coming from a classroom.

"Oh come on Rosier, you have to admit that the black sisters are hot, even if one of them is deranged and the other is disowned."

"I never said they weren't. But i'm also the person who is in charge of recruiting, and you still haven't gotten your mark yet. So if I were you i'd keep your mouth bloody shut before it gets you killed or worse."

Peter gulped before turning around. He bumped into someone on the way out, " sorry," he mumbles before feeling a wand on his neck. Peter heard someone sneer behind him.

"Well well, look at that the rat has come to play."

Peter recognized that voice. One he knew very well. 

Snape.