Caught

I knew it would be akward finally having all of us in the same room, but for it to be completely silent is just weird. All eyes were going back and forth between Neci and Marie. This is ridulous.

Neci got up from her spot, "um this was nice but I think its time that I go home,"

"What" I questioned, "No, Neci don't do that"

She gave me the eye before she sighed and sat back down. Eva smacked her her lips, "So, whats up with all my big sisters" She smiled.

Peyton was the first to answer, "Just finishing school so im happy about that"

"I been good" Krissy answered.

"Me too" Rashon said agreeing with her.

We all looked at Marie. When she noticed us starting at her she shouted, "What!"

Neci shook her head, "Attitude for days I still see"

"Is there a problem with that, Valencia?" Marie retorted back.

I didn't think they would get into it so early but here it goes.

"Yes there is a problem with that, I dont wanna hear your smart ass mouth"

"And I dont wanna here yours at all, I don't know why you always think you're better than me"

"Maybe because..." Before Neci could finish Krissy yelled, "Enough, damn how old are we again, I didnt come here to hear you two go back and forth" Neci sat back on the couch while folding her arms and Marie just rolled her eyes, "Thank you, now Mel, do you have some food cause im hungry as hell?"

"Um I was gonna order some pizza"

"Can you do it now?"

"Sure, any special request?"

"Mel aint nothing change" Peyton said, "One all pepporni"

"Another half sausage and half cheese because no one ever wants them after one or two slices" Rashon said.

"And one small surpreme" Neci said

"Because Neci and Marie love them some surpreme" All of us said except for Neci and Marie. We laughed afterwards cause thats how it always was. Marie even cracked a smile, the first one I seen since I talked to her the other day.

I called for the pizza and after that things started to get a little better with conversation, that was until Krissy asked, "Mel you know you live across the hall from Tremaine?" The way she said it almost was like she didnt approve. i dont blame her though, I dont either.

"You what!" Rashon and Peyton said at the same time.

I sighed, "Yes I know, no big deal" Neci started laughing along with Eva. I both gave them a look and they stopped.

"You okay with it?" Rashon asked.

"I have no choice but to be, what am I gonna do, move"

"A start" Marie added on, "Trey still got his name heavy in the streets, just looking at him might give you a std"

Krissy rolled her eyes, "Do ya'll...talk"

"It's more like argue but thats some form of talk isnt it"

She shrugged her shoulders, "I guess"

"Dont worry, they'll be banging  each other in no time" Neci said

"Thats not funny Neci" That will never happen.

"Oh yeah, then why am I laughing?"

I rolled my eye's. There was a knock on the door, "I know that pizza isnt here already" I said as I got up from my seat. I walked over to the door and opened it. I was surprized to see Trey standing there and if he didnt have his neice with him I just might slam the door in his face. "Mariah,"

She let go of Trey's hand and grabbed on tight to my legs, "Aunt Mel"

She calls me that because Trey's sister told her that me and Trey would get marry some day but we're just acting like we're her age right now so since then she's been calling me aunt. Since she's so young I dont correct her but I doubt i'll be her aunt for real. I looked at Trey, "We're about to watch Shrek but I dont have no popcorn" He siad then paused, "Do you have any?" He asked not breaking the eye contact between us.

"Um, yeah I do"

"Aunt Mel, you should watch with us"

I looked down at Mariah and picked her up, "I wish I could but I can't, I have company"

"Oooh,"

I laughed. She is so cute. I walked back in the apartment with her and Trey right behind me. He was fine until he noticed all the girls and stopped right in his tracks.

"Mini reuinion here I see, hey ladies,"

Everyone said hi to him but Marie and Krissy. I went back to the kitchen and sat Mariah on top of the kitchen counter as I went in the cabinet. "Aunt Mel"

"Yes,"

"How come you hate Unc Trey?"

I smiled, she never could say Uncle right, "I dont hate him,"

She shook her head back and forth, "Uh huh, he said you yelled at him"

"I yelled at him Rihah because he was being mean,"

"Are you still mad at him?"

"No,"

"Good"

"Why?" I said as i pulled out the popcorn

"Cause he scared to talk to you"

"How you know?"

"He told me to ask you to watch movies with us,"

For some reason I couldnt help but smile. I picked Mariah up from the counter, "Come on," I walked back to the living room with her and I noticed how hard Krissy was looking at Trey, why she doing that?

I put Mariah down and she ran to Trey. he picked her up, "Here" I said as I handed him the Popcorn packet

He took it from me, "Thank you" I tried to hold my smile in but I was unsuccessful, "What you smiling for?"

"Nothing,"

Trey looked at Mariah, "What you tell her?"

"What you told me,"

Trey's cheeks began to turn red, it was cute. He knew he was caught. "Um we're gonna go now"

"Okay,"

I walked behind them and let them out. After I closed the door I rested my head on the back of the door. Of course the girls were looking at me but I didnt pay them anymind. It's nice to know that im on his mind.