Pandora's Box

What did it mean to love? This question was roaming Barry's mind, he had never felt these emotions before, sure he loved his daughter and parents but this type of love was completely different from what he was feeling around Kara. It was like he had forgotten how to be happy.

"Barry!!! Woah that was scary." Maddison said holding her head. Barry raced back to them holding Kara in his arms bridal style while she was screaming.

"B-Bar-Barry if you ever do that again, I'll brea-" She was about to say 'break up with you' until Barry cleared his throat very loudly since they agreed to keep their relationship a secret.

"Where are we?" Nora asked looking at the burnt remains of a building.

"We're back ho-" Barry stopped speaking upon seeing what was before him. What laid before him was the sign that read 'Welcome to Trinity'. Maddison, Oliver, Kara, Barry and Alice were looking at the burnt remains of Trinity School, were they all grew up. Maddison felt sick to her stomach and felt anger she hadn't felt ever. Her ice flowing from every cell in her body and her eyes were glowing with the rage of a blizzard.

"We need to search for survivors." Kara said hurriedly as she and Barry sped aorund the ruins looking for any living soul. Barry found the hatch leading down to Dr Well's secret lab and he instantly sped down. When he looked around all the lights were blown out and showed exposed wiring everywhere. The lights were giving off dangerous sparks and the lights were flickering. 

"Dr Wells!!!" Barry yelled out. Some part of him didn't want Dr Wells' to call out because he knew as soon as he found him he would instantly regret it. But regardless he couldn't let someone who was a father figure to him die like this.

"DR WELLS!!!!" Barry yelled again this time he heard somone coughing violently. He sped over the the source and his biggest fears came to reality.

"Dr Wells......" Barry said sadly as he crouched in front of him

"H-Hey Barry." Dr Wells coughed as blood fell from his forehead and lip. He was covered in dust and ash and he had exposed wounds all over his body. What was more pressing was the fact he had a metal pole impaling him fron the side.

"I'm going to get you out of here." Barry said urgently as he he tried to lift Dr Wells up

"E-Enough Barry......." Dr Wells whispered, "There isn't time......for this...." He continued

"Dr Wells I-I can save you." Barry pleaded

"No you can't, no matter how much fast you are, you can't save me." Dr Wells said as Barry placed him back down

"Did Belmont do this to you?" Barry asked with his rage seathing beneath his words.

"D-Does that matter?" Dr Wells said coughing on his breath

"Of course it does!!" Barry exclaimed

"Barry listen to me, you can't spend your life so full of hatred. Learn to let go of those emotions." Dr Wells smiled with blood dripping from his lip.

"And for as long as we live, we'll never forget what you did for us." Barry said tearily holding Dr Wells' head up

"Raise Alice right, love Kara with all your heart and never forget what's most important to you." Dr Wells said. Every word he uttered he could feel his life slowly leaving him but before that could happen he had to say his piece.

"I...I promise." Barry said tears sliding down his face. Barry heard footsteps behind him and he saw Kara behind him with tears streaming down her cheeks.

"D-Don't cry Kara." Dr Wells whispered. Kara ran over him to fell to her knees

"Dr Wells......" Kara said holding his hand as her tears landed on his knuckles, "Please don't go." She whispered choking on her tears

"Kara, you've made me so proud, I watched you grow from a shy little girl to a strong woman, thank you." Dr Wells said stroking her cheek as Kara cries rang thorugh out the remains of the lab, "I wish.....I could of gone to your wedding." He chuckeld sadly as he laid his head on the floor waiting for his time to come.

"You will, you'll come to our wedding,Ii promise." Barry said holding Dr Wells' hand with Kara as his tears became abundant.

"I'm glad you two are finally together." Dr Wells chuckled as the light from his eyes slowly started to fizzle out

"T....Tell Oliver and Maddison that.......I want them to be happy." Dr Wells whispered before his body went limp.

"D-Dr Wells.....?" Barry asked in disbelief, "Dr Wells!!!!!!" Barry let out a scream of pain and sorrow as he cried into the chest of the man that raised him. Kara hugged Barry and cried into his shoulder having lost one of the parents she loved with all her heart. Kara picked up Dr Wells' glasses and closed his eyes for him as she wiped her eyes.

Maddison, Oliver, Alice, Nora and Henry were outside of the remains of Trinity when they saw Barry and Kara walking towards them. Thei faces dropped upon seeing Barry carrying the body of the their father figure through out their lives

"No, no, no, no." Maddison said running over to see the pale face of Dr Wells

"Dr Wells......" Maddison cried putting her head against his chest, "Dad, why'd you leave us!!!" She screamed out falling to her knees with her face buried in her hands. Oliver being who he was tried to suppress his tears but seeing Dr Wells like this broke something in him. Held Dr Wells' hand and cried silently

"What were his last words?" Oliver asked silently

"That he wanted us to be happy, and that he loved us like his own children." Barry said as Oliver sat down to process whether or not this was actually happening. Alice came running over and despite not knowing Dr Wells as long as everyone else she was still sad.

"Bye Mr Wells." Alice said wiping her eyes as she kissed his forehead. Nora and Henry left them alone to grieve their loss, but what they couldn't ignore was the sudden drop in the temperature. Mist formed around the entire city and the ground was rumbling slightly. They looked over and saw the four meta-humans with such a threatening aura.

Barry's lightning was bouncing off him uncontrollablely and the mist was a product of Maddison breathing. Kara's eyes were glowing red with her heat vision and the rocks and stones around Oliver began to float off the ground.

Someone just opened Pandora's box and now there was no going back.