CHAPTER V

Jeongguk was sweating. Never in his entire life as a Mafia Leader in the underworld had he been so worried about somebody. He felt like the whole world around him was crumbling into pieces as the Black Porsche raced through the streets in the morning. Each minute felt like a hour and each hour like a year. Anguish and guilt ran through his veins. He Alpha was restless, making Jeongguk writhe in despair. His Alpha only wanted to be near his mate and nothing more. Everything was blur to him now. The only thing that mattered to Jeongguk now was his one and only mate, Jimin.

                         ✨✨✨✨

The sun rays made it's way through the glass windows of the bathroom. It fell on Jimin's blonde locks, making him shine ⭐✨like an angel. His lips were slightly parted and his cheeks were stained with tears. He looked like a broken angel, the same when Jeongguk found him in the bar. He was a broken beauty, one of a kind. He slowly stirred in the bathtub as he brought his fisted hands towards his eyes and rubbed them softly. He slowly opened his eyes, looking around at the bathroom warily. He hugged himself tighter as he remembered the incidents of the previous day. Tears escaped his eyes as they became glassy. He silently sobbed as his body became cold.

Rrrrrrrrring! Rrrrrrrrring!

A loud noise resonated in the entire apartment. There must be someone at the door. Jimin stopped crying as he tried to stand up from the bath tub.
"Who can it be now?" Jimin wondered warily.

Just when he was about to open the door of the bathroom, a loud bang resonated in the entire apartment.The impact of the loud sound made Jimin loose balance and fall down. He hit his head on the basin, making him dizzy. The last thing he remembered his name by called out by someone as the darkness took over him.

                    ✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

"How is he Eunwoo? "
A voice resonated in the room. Jimin was finally awake but he did not open his eyes, rather kept his eyes closed to hear what the doctor was about him.

"He is stable now Jeongguk but he still has fever. It seems like he has gone through a lot of stress and I have told you that too much stress is not good for him since he is still recovering from the trauma he had in his previous work experience, so this stress made his body weak. I would suggest that you stay with him." The doctor, Cha Eunwoo completed as Jeongguk edged closer to Jimin, his big rough hands holding Jimin's baby hands in his.

Cha Eunwoo, Mafia Head Doctor

Jeongguk caressed Jimin's face, his eyes brimming with tears. He wanted to go on a killing spree, ending everyone's life. The Mafia Lord cared for none. But if anyone messed with his dear loved ones, they would be saying a good bye to their lives. Jimin was his most precious gem, greater than life. He had pledged that he would keep Jimin safe and he was even ready to give up his life for his dear mate. But today, he had failed. He had failed! And this was unacceptable to the Mafia Lord!
As Jeongguk was in his own thoughts, Lisa and Jinyoung came in through the door. They were stunned to see the state of Jimin, the little baby of the Mafia who had a soft spot in every members heart. Jeongguk looked at them and then back to Jimin, his hands interwined with Jimin's own.