Love is not a victory march; it's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah

I stood there for a second, processing what he had just said.

"Your girlfriend?" I stuttered. "Are you serious?"

His warm eyes looked into mine, as he took my hand. "It's perfect. Jade always wants what she can't have. You've never had anything she wanted, but now things are different. We can beat her at her own game and she'll want me back," he smiled.

The only thing that was going through my mind was 'its a good thing he's pretty because honestly his logic is fucked.' And once again I was a pawn in somebody else's game.

"As fun as that doesn't sound," I tucked my long brown hair behind my ear, "I can't."

He started pacing around the dressing room. "And why not?"

"Because I have school," I said matter of factly and instantly regretted it. Of all the excuses, I picked just about the worst one.

"You have school?" He repeated with a sour expression. "So what? People date all the time in high school."

"Why do you just assume that I'm single?" I blinked.

That got him because he shrugged and looked the other way. "Lucky guess, but I'm really going to need you to do this."

"Bradley, you're a good person. She doesn't deserve you and I don't have time to help you. I've got things to do and I need to keep up my grades. Plus, I sure as hell don't need angry fangirls on my case. I get enough of that everyday," I said as I glanced down at the text message from Jade that lit up my screen.

"Caesar awaits," I shook my phone and headed for the exit.

"Who?" He asked.

"It was a joke," I said flatly. "I have to go."

"Wait, please, I'll do anything. I'll pay you," he offered, pulling out his wallet.

"Bradley, that's pathetic."

"C'mon there's got to be something you want. Anything. You name it."

I bit my lip. There was one thing, but not even he could pull it off.

"Harvard," I shrugged. "I'm going into criminal law. I worked hard for this. When people were out partying on the weekends, I was studying. I've made sure I have the grades, the SATs, the extra curriculars, but so does everyone else applying there. I'm just missing the connections."

"Harvard University? You want me to get you into Harvard? I'm not Jesus!" He looked at me like I had lost my mind, which was ironic considering what he had proposed.

"Then, no deal," I grabbed the doorknob.

"No. I can make it happen. I'll find a way, as long as you help me get Jade back," he ran his hand through his curls.

I bit my lip. This was such a stupid plan on so many levels. If he could really get me in though, it would all be worth it. "How?" I asked.

"I'll find away," he looked determined. I just hoped he could pull it off.

"Okay," I sighed. "Be at my house for dinner tomorrow at six. We'll announce it then."

"Brilliant," he smiled. "Oh, Cecelia I should probably get your number before you leave. I mean we'll be spending a lot of time together from here on out," he grabbed my wrist before I left the small room.

I made a face at him. "I go by CeCe," I said as I took his phone and punched in my number.

"Yeah, I know, but I once knew a CeCe and she was a real bit- ya know I just like the name Cecelia. So, I'm going to call you that," he confirmed.