Chapter 39 Lovers Backstory

Black Diamond's Pov
.
.
.
The spaceship had finally arrived to Earth after only 20 minutes of traveling since it was newest model of Era 3 Homeworld spaceship.
The journey to Earth was calming, both of us talking and watching the passing stars.

White landed the ship a few blocks away from Beach City as to not alarm any citizens nore any humans.
The spaceship landed in a forest to hide the ship from unwanted guests and attention, so that we would stay low from any dangers or troubles.

I looked at White as she was tapping on the hologram screen that was beside the main door.
-White, don't forget to shrink. You now how humans can get.

I alarmed, White stopped with what she were doing and her attention then went from the panel towards me with a slight furrowed expression on her face. I knew full well she wasn't the happiest to reform to something smaller. For her it felt like ske lost her power, that she felt weak being like that.
-Do I have to? It's too... uncomfortable to be in that form.

White argued calmly, her tone calm as ever but you could hear the tiniest amount of protest within it.
I glanced at her with half closed eyes, signaling her a 'seriously' gaze towards her.
-Yes love, no need to argue. We don't want to fret the humans or other living organics. It can cause them great stress, some animals can even die when they are too stressed or frightened.

I explained to White as I started to reform into human height.
-Pathetic...

White mumbled to herself before she sighed in defeat. Thinking of organic beings as fragile weak being, with the worth of mere rocks.
But I only heard her mutter as I was still reforming when she spoke. The word not forming to a proper word for my ears.
-What did you say love?

I asked, lifting my eyebrow as I had now completed my reformation.
-Nothing my dear.

White said as she started to reform as well. I shrugged my shoulder and forgot about it as it mustn't have been something important.
White finally were done reforming to human height, she was now the height of Garnet and I the height of Pearl for reference.

The door opened and both of us stepped outside, looking around at our surroundings.
-Were are we? I don't think that human city looked like this since the last time I saw it.

White said, still looking around.
I hummed in thought.
-We must be in a forest, though, something about it feels familiar.

I said as this place felt so familiar. I walked around, looking behind trees and other large object like rocks to find clues as to why I found this place familiar.
Then I saw a cave in the distant and it finally clicked.
-Oooo, now I know where we are, this is the place I reformed in. Where I were released by Steven. Precisely in that cave over there.

I said, pointing at the cave that was covered in moss and vines. It's been almost a year since I last was there.
Where my journey and new life began.
-In that place? In such a dirty place?
I won't allow it.

White said while crossing her arms over her chest, not thinking it was fit that I awoke after thousands of years in such a place. I snorted out loud at how hilarious she could be but I  quickly covered my face to avoid any more of that sound to emit from me.
-But White, it has already happen even if you allow it or not.

I said, chuckling. A smile on my lips as I saw White's reaction. She pouted, not wanting to admit what she had just said was wrong.

She didn't respond, only walked to a complete different direction of where the cave where, trying to avoid that she wrong yet again. She didn't want to argue but I could hear her grumble a few curses beneath her muttering.
-Don't be so grumpy White, not everything goes to plan.