Chapter 34 Back On Earth

Black Diamond's Pov
The ride back to Earth went smoothly and I can already see the bright blue and green planet inch closer.

A smile crept on my face as I saw the familliar planet getting closer, knowing I was soon back with the others. It's been awhile after all.

Steven, Lapis and Pearl went back to Earth three days ago, since they had alot of crystal gem duty ahead. Can't really blame them, but it will be nice to see them again.

The spaceship went through Earth's atmosphere, making the era three ship shake slightly but it fastly steadied itself when it had passed the barrier that kept the globe and it's inhabitants safe. I sighed in relief as I had tensed up when the ship started shaking.

I got closer and closer towards the destination as a streak of flames followed the speeding ship.
I looked out the window, my eyes instantly getting caught onto the city I knew so well. Beach city.

The ship started to slow down,
so that I wouldn't just arrive to the planet to just plummet into Earth and shatter instantly.

The ship had finally reached beach city and had stopped at its destination, landing on the beach in front of the crystal gem temple.

I walked up towards the main entrance, a eager smile on my face as I impatiently fidgeted with the hem of my clothes. I felt both nervous and happy at the moment, I was yearning to meet Steven, Black Pearl and the other crystal gems.

The main entrance opened annoyingly slowly, but I was instantly greeted with a happy gasp from the gem hybrid as he and Pearl, Garnet and Amethyst stood in front the ship with their weapons in hand.

They instantly lowered their weapons when they saw my friendly face. Pearl let out a sharp sigh in calmness, Garnet had a faint smile on her face, and Amethyst and Steven instantly ran up to me with wide smiles.
-Yo! Black, what did you eat dude, you're so tall now.

Amethyst blurted out with both fists clenched in excitement and a toothy smile. I chuckled at her statement, levitating my hand above my mouth.
-I'm tall? Maybe you're just short.

I joked, earing a 'ooooooooooo' from Steven as he started giggling.
-Me? Short? Never!

Amethyst said as she reformed into a larger version of herself, flexing her 'muscles'. Pearl started chuckling by that, looking away when both of us looked towards her direction.

Amethyst smirked, when she got an idea.
-Rawww!

Amethyst jokingly rawed, hands up in the air as she started running after Pearl. Getting to her fast and lifted her up above her head with both her hands. Pearl squawked in shock.
-C'mon birdie, let's fly!

Amethyst said loudly, but before Pearl could protest, Amethyst picked up speed and started running around with Pearl above her.

While you could hear the laughter of Amethyst you could hear Pearl scream I'm horror. Trying her best to not fall down.

Something moving the the corner of my eye, caught my attention as I looked towards the movement. Looking down to see Garnet as she had gotten closer towards me, watching Amethyst running around with Pearl with an amused smile.
-It's good to see you're back Black. You seem to have an positive impact and great influence on our lives.

Garnet said with a monotone voice, but I could still hear a hint of gratitude or happiness withing her sentence. I hummed in agreement.
But before we could watch the silly scene before us, Garnet brought her sunglasses down to the tip of her nose, locking her three eyes with mine.
-And also, I've seen the influence you've got on White.