Chapter Two

Astrid's Pov
Such a strange place, I don't think in my entire time of being here, have I ever seen people acting so care free. And not totally worrying about death and or dying. You could drink all day, have sex all day long, as long as at night you went out to play games and collect cards.

I rubbed slowly at my tense neck fluttering my eyes a couple times. I decided to give Usagi and Arisu some privacy because you can tell that there's some strange romance tension between them communication wasn't my greatest skill and that had been something since I was quite young actually.

With the day time out, night had fallen on the beach which was basically a large hotel, no privacy all hotel doors locks were broken, lots of pools, and other water activities stuff I don't really like doing. I was cuddling into my jacket since it did drop a few degrees now with the night.

I was just exhausted from today but I perked up a little watching Arisu walk by sitting next to me Usagi also following suit sitting on the other lounge chair. He ruffled my hair up lightly smiling gazing at me.

"Have you been here all day?" He questioned gazing at me more. I held up a glass with some alcohol shaking it around drinking the rest of the bigger liquid setting it a side.

"I've had a few drinks, at least I didn't accidentally die in a game I won't feel it." I joked chuckling quietly.

Yeah it was a long night of game after game, doing a game with Arisu.  We almost died, and meeting two of what I assumed was his friends. Chishiya and Kuina. Just a long day.

Yeah I gotta be tipsy, this is strong alcohol. I thought a little once more I was just listening in tuning into everything. Soon   Kuina joined in sitting on the edge of my lounge bed with me. 

But everyone seemed to grow tense and all when this loud noises started up. I looked around so confused but watched as a group of men and a few woman entered they were carrying weapons and just looked like plain trouble  and it seemed everyone was now startled in with this fear.

"Kuina what's going on?" I muttered sitting up with a small grunt.

"It's the Militants at the beach,if you want to live peacefully at the beach. Avoid getting involved with them. The leader Aguni is an ex SDF soldier, he handles all the weapons here." I tilted my head just loosely for a moment to lean over her, I almost felt myself growing into shock looking at the face of the men carrying the gun.

It was like a very loose flash behind my head. Just replace the piercings with glasses, a timid look, and occasionally blush. That was my best Niragi from highschool. I wanted to scream. I wanted to yell because my heart was beating so much but I couldn't even utter a world.

He didn't look the same he looked more aggressive. Even though I wanted to listen Kuina's words fell deaf to my ears. Kuina seemed to noticed my body tensed up and looked towards me fast.

"Hey what's wrong Astrid?" She questioned quietly to me. I gulped just a bit feeling uneasy.

"I need to go back to my room." I stammered out, I felt like if he spoke to me I was gonna cry or there was another close chance he wouldn't remember me. I moved behind Arisu who snapped his head back towards me so fast.

"Astrid what's wrong ?" He questioned before Angui and them made their way over.

"I can't be here." I stammered my chucks hit the rough concentrate and I was so close to slipping away while they were talking to Arisu but I heard the sharpest inhale and rough speaking directed towards me.

"A-Astrid?" I squeezed my eyes so tightly afraid this was gonna happened. I didn't turn around for a minute, but I turned my head so our eyes could meet. The aggression and hate in his eyes seemed to fade for just a moment.

"Hey Nirgai...."

___________________________
Room... Room? There is is! I had never in my life sprinted away so quickly before when all my life I had run towards the problems but this was something I had to run away from. Deep down. I know he hates me, and he probably will.

"Astrid!" The loudest exclaim left me as soon as I entered the room, I was pinned to the nearest wall of the room. I felt shaky hands but I slowly gazed up to look in his eyes seeing them soften. I found myself tearing up slowly.

"I'm so sorry... I'm sorry Nirgai! I didn't wanna leave you I didn't I'm sorry." I cried out but I felt his arms quickly pull me close hugging me so tightly. His body was shaking his head resting on mine. His head rested on mine.

"Shut up... Just.... No don't say anything Astrid are you really here? Like here now In this hell hole." He sighed roughly.

"And your crying too, Yeah this is great." He mumbled sighing deeply.

"Astrid stop crying okay, I'm not mad, well not a lot." He muttered his hand messing with my hair.

"I promised I wouldn't cry if I ever saw you again but guess I'm breaking that." He chuckled darkly holding me tightly.

"Why..! Why do you come back now when I'm like this." My tears had finally stopped but ha was growing angry I could tell. I lifted my head up from just a moment away from his chest to study his features to see just how different he had changed. His sad teary eyes looked down at me very closely.

"Nirgai.. What happened to you." I whispered my hands moving up to cup at his cheeks. His eyes were so pained when he placed his own hands over my own.

"I.... I needed to change Astrid.. It's for the good that I needed it."