Chapter 15 - Uh Oh

A/n: Sorry for another author's note! Just wanted to say sorry for not updating as I planned. I planned on updating either christmas night or early the following morning, but Christmas was time-consuming and I went over a friends house the following day. Hope everyone had a good Christmas and holidays btw! Also, my friends found my wattpad account, currently dying. But I did my best to write this just today hsbdvdvd

Update: What the fuck. 6k reads. THANK YOU LADS! This is actually insane! I feel like I'm thanking you guys every chapter, but seriously, I'm so happy! I never expected to get so much traction PFFT, so really, I love you all and have a wonderful day!
-
"So how do we make a compass again?" Y/n asked to neither of the two boys in particular.

"Like I said before, y/n, four iron ingots and one redstone," Nick repeated his answer from earlier, not with a rude tone, but not with a necessarily nice one either. For someone who claimed to have such a strong love for y/n, he acted like a huge asshole towards them. It made no sense.

"Ah, okay. Thanks again, Nick," Y/n thanked him for the explanation for a second time.

"Yep, no worries," he said.

The trio continued walking through the dense greenery, occasionally glancing up to stare at the canopy of trees. Nick and George had been lost in thought for almost ten minutes, only paying attention enough to follow behind y/n. Y/n on the other hand simply had their mind set on getting a compass to find Clay. Nick had been pondering his recent actions and words, trying to understand how y/n had been feeling. While George was indeed thinking about y/n as well, but not the same as Nick. He was thinking about how beautiful y/n was in every aspect; from their kind-spirited personality to their incredible looks. George had actually overheard y/n and Nick talking before in the house when he was pushed aside, saying how y/n had gotten their memories back and how the group all knew each other in real life. This made George wonder: who had y/n been to him? He thought they were really stunning temperamentally; so had y/n liked who he was in real life as well? He definitely liked them, both platonically and romantically; and he'd be satisfied with y/n just simply being his best friend. But if they were to have romantic feelings towards George, he'd be happy too.
...
"Hey, where are we going exactly?" George asked, grabbing y/n's arm to get their attention. Y/n turned around quickly, facing George, who happened to be a tad closer than expected.

"Oh- I- sorry," Y/n apologized, going red in the face from the embarrassment of how close the two were, faces only inches apart (1 and a half inches, dreammm). "But uhm, we're searching for a cave to find the iron and redstone we need for a compass."

"Oh, that makes sense; alright then. Also,
s-sorry for standing so closely, it wasn't intentional," George replied, scratching the nape of his neck and letting go of y/n's arm awkwardly. Y/n hadn't seemed to catch on, but George had gone red as well.

"No worries! I turned pretty abruptly, I didn't give you much time to move," Y/n spoke with a genuine voice, chuckling after speaking.

Silence fell upon the group once more, y/n turning back around and continuing to walk as they gave George a comforting smile. The silence was a comfortable one though, not tense or awkward, which was nice to have. Y/n began to set into deep thought. They were surprised at how easily Nick had changed his guise when thinking about it now. He was so different from who he'd been only a short time ago. It was odd for y/n to witness; George most likely as well. The whole thing seemed a bit manipulative in y/n's eyes; well, that much was obvious already from what Nick had done. But now as well, the way he acted was so far-fetched that it couldn't possibly be real charisma; after all, he was still sometimes obscene.

Nick had already made it known that y/n was the one thing that he paid any mind to. And if that was the case, why hadn't he switched up his behavior sooner? If Nick had maybe been more charming and kind-hearted, giving y/n reasoning after kidnapping them or something of the sort, maybe y/n would've fell for him. Of course, that would be wrong in many ways, but they would have much rather Nick have been nice. Their time spent there was torturous, and y/n was lucky enough to not have been given too much trauma. The entire event could've been easily avoided if Nick had just been someone with basic human decency. If he had just kept things to himself for a while, letting whatever feelings any of the four had develop, maybe y/n would have naturally taken a liking to him.