Fourteen: The Truth of Three Lights! Ami's Discovery

A blue haired female glanced at her watch. There was still forty minutes until classes started and she had already finished both novels that she had purchased the day prior. She blinked as the sun caressed her face. There was something comforting about the warm sensation for the girl, but she couldn't quite put her finger on what it was. She shut her eyes to feel the bursts of warm sunlight touch her face before opening her eyes and glancing at her two completely read novels. She knew she should have bought more at the store, but of course she didn't think of that and the time. Her blue eyes shifted towards her satchel, in which she promptly decided she should start placing the books.

A soft sigh exited her lips as she walked further in the building, realising just how much of it was locked before the school formally opened its doors to let everyone in. Her friends weren't at school yet, not even the spunky Haruka or the refined Michiru, so she was left with her own thoughts as company. She shut her eyes, feeling the sun pour all over her face. Images flashed in her head of being used as Galaxia's puppet, almost killing all those she held dear to herself. She made a groaning noise, the pain of the memories setting in. She told herself to get a grip, and she immediately felt a hand on her shoulder.

"At this time of morning? Who on earth?" She felt panic setting in as she muttered to herself mere guesses of who could be trying to get her attention.

"I sensed you were alone, so I came to join you," a comforting, sisterly sounding voice told her.

"Oh, Mako-chan!" Ami blurted, nearly jumping out of her skin in panic.

"Haruka-san and Michiru-san should arrive in about ten minutes. We planned on there being a meeting with just us four," Makoto explained, smiling. "Of course, you can never rely on Minako-chan and Usagi-chan to be early, so we decided it would be best if it was just us responsible folk." The brunette winked.

The blue haired female's face softened and a slight laugh came out of her mouth. "Thank you so much, Mako-chan. I have been worrying about the sudden appearance of the Three Lights and what that might spell for us, so I am lucky I have you three to help me deconstruct my grievances," the girl genius responded concisely.

The strong brunette smiled softly. "I'm glad," was all she uttered.

The two felt the sun on their faces and the brunette searched her satchel for something they could do whilst they waited for the other two females to arrive. She fished out a bento and handed Ami a delicately made fruit sandwich. Makoto grabbed out a flavoured rice ball for herself. They both ate and the blue haired female had a sip from her water bottle. The brunette, however, stared at her watch as she ate. The other two would arrive in mere minutes, she knew that. She was just worried about them. Both of them got up from the grass and Ami gave Makoto a thankful smile.

The brunette grabbed the blue haired genius' hand and lead her around the school for a while. The two were the picture of joy as Ami showed her inside the computer club rooms and Makoto insisted that she show the blue haired female around the Cooking Club room. They both felt light hearted after they finished touring each other around the school building and stood within the gates to welcome both Haruka and Michiru. The brunette glanced at her watch in a panicked fashion and the blue haired female did the same. Both teens felt equally impatient and restless.

The two ended up sitting under the same tree that they had been sitting under the shade of earlier. Ami handed the brunette a crossword puzzle to take her mind off the other two females that would be arriving at any possible moment now. The blue haired genius bent her head down over her own, more difficult puzzle. She was matching terms to definitions and stared over the brunette's shoulder. A year earlier, the taller female would be tempted to break the booklet in half, but now she had her head pored over it and was having minimal difficulty. Ami then cast her eyes back to her own puzzle.

The bell of a bike made a tinny ring, making Makoto jolt. The bike was then rode through the gates and then wheeled to the bike parking space that the school had allocated. The brunette tried to keep focused on her crossword, but instinct crushed the ability to sit still. She stood up and waved the pair towards them. Ami slipped her reading glasses off in order to focus on getting Makoto to dial down her excitement a bit.

A platinum blonde haired female held the hand of a teal haired female and they both sat next to the other two females.

"Ami-chan, Makoto-chan," the teal haired female addressed the two. Ami had her head down and was glancing at her puzzle again, whilst Makoto was glancing around like an excited puppy.

"Michiru-san! O-Ohayou," Makoto stuttered, realising what a fool she was looking like just now.

"I gather that you two were waiting a while?" Michiru stated, but raised her voice at the end.

"A little while," Ami replied quickly, cutting in before Makoto could cause her any more embarrassment. "Mako-chan told me you both would be coming, and that we would be meeting here for discussion."

Haruka interjected, "So, that Three Lights trio has returned."

"I-It seems so," The brunette stuttered out, wanting to contribute to the group's discussion.

"What do they want?!" Haruka yelled, scaring all natural life in the surrounding area away. "We don't really need their help, do we?"

Michiru sighed, "Ruka, we've gone over this!" She waved at the other two females. "I do not like the feeling this is giving me."

"This threat might be much bigger than we think it is," Ami reminded the pair of lovers. "I really don't want to bring it up, but this just might be on the scale of assault someone like Galaxia might try."

"A-And what information leads you to that conclusion, exactly?" Haruka said, aghast.

"I'm as unwilling to talk about Galaxia as the next person, but Ami has a point," Makoto addressed what both females had said. "Even Sailor Moon could barely bring herself to defeat this enemy."

"Ruka, those two are right!" Michiru agreed. "We both may have good teamwork, and so do the Inner Sailor Guardians. It is not just our issue. We cannot turn our noses up at it anymore."

"There is no way, even in the next millennium, that I'm ever accepting the help of those extra-terrestrial fools!" Haruka huffed, turning her face away from them. "They're so damn cocky! They mess around with our fate! How can you forget that?!"

"Haruka-san, stop acting like a toddler," Ami accused, her sweet exterior breaking for a brief moment. "We cannot avoid their help anymore. They're already on this planet, whether we want their help or not. This enemy is far too strong for even the likes of us to handle."

"Ruka, stop acting pretentious," muttered Michiru. "Ami-chan is correct. We cannot avoid this version of our fate any longer, regardless of however much you may not prefer it. What we need to figure out is what we'll do with this knowledge."