Home At Last

🌹Rose's P.O.V🌹

We all made it out of the tunnel and were throwing our stuff into the trunk of the limo to get ready to leave the Isle.

Carlos ran out of the tunnel drops his sword and asked Lonnie "You okay?"  "Yeah, I'm good" she assures him and he tells her "Nice work out there, Lonnie". Inside of the limo, Jay leans over to me, kisses me, and says "I'm so glad your okay" "I'm glad your okay too" I tell him and kiss him again.

Carlos opens the limo door and says "Come on, Dude, hop in" and when Dude listens he says "Oh, now you listen to me" Which causes me to chuckle from the side.

Evie jumps out of the tunnel and grabs Lonnie's hand and says "Let's go" then she and Lonnie drop their swords in the trunk and Carlos says "Come on, Evie, get in"

"Let's go" Evie says then Ben comes running out of the tunnel but notices Mal not following so he calls into the tunnel "Mal!" Mal comes out of the tunnel Ben grabs her hand and she says "Come on, come on, come on. Swords" They throw their swords in and Lonnie shuts the trunk and then gets in the limo.

Jay starts the limo and starts driving back to Auradon. Ben starts talking to Mal in the back of the limo and he says "I'm really sorry that things didn't go the way you wanted them to" Mal shakes her head "I mean, as long as you're safe, that's..." she trails off and Ben says "Well, I mean, at least I got to see the Isle. They're my people, too" then pauses and says "Uma helped me see that"

Mal looks at him in shock and says "Ben, Uma captured you" "She's an angry girl with a bad plan. That's not so different from you when you came to Auradon, Mal" he tells her. She looks away from him and Dude calls out "Awkward" and Carlos tells him "Dude, I know you can talk, but it doesn't always mean you should"

Jay calls out to everyone "Here we go" And then he pushes the remote and I put my hands upward to brace myself from crossing the barrier. Jay and I look at each other and I grab his hand that's not on the wheel. I sigh and Jay says "Why don't you and Lonnie stop by practice later"

I turn to him in question and ask "What, in the mood to break some rules?" He looks at me and says "No" and I look forward confused and chuckle at him.

——————————————————————
🌹Rose's P.O.V🌹

We make it back to the school and Lonnie turns toward Jay and I and says "I'll get these back to the gym" "Thanks" We both tell her then she says "See you later" and heads off.

Then Jane comes over and says "Ben, Rose, there you guys are Cotillion's tonight. Come here" I let go of Jay's hand and head over to Jane. "Look, this is the stained glass window for Mal. Isn't it beautiful? She's gonna love it" I look at it in awe and say "Wow Ben you did a good job"

He looks towards Mal and asks her "Do you want to cancel?" Jane looks at him nervously and says "Um, you know what? I can come back. Uh, but, like, really, really soon" "No, no, no. No, no, no. Now's fine. Um..." he tells Jane and then turns back towards Mal and says "Do whatever you need to do"

I head over to Jay and tell him "I have a couple more things I need to set up for Cotillion tonight I'll see you later?" "Yeah see you later" he tells me and I kiss him cheek and head back to Jane and Ben.

——————————————————————
🌹Jay's P.O.V🌹

Evie says to Mal "We need to talk" "Yeah" Mal says and they start heading off but then Carlos yells out "No" The girls turn around and Evie asks "No?"

Carlos then explains "You guys are always going off in a huddle, whispering your girl talk stuff or whatever, and Jay and I are tired of it" he tells them. Then I say "I'm not" but Carlos ignores me and says "We're your family, too. We've been through a lot together. We're not stopping that now, okay?"

He then says "Everyone sit" and sits down then looks up at me and says "Come on" and we all sit down and he says "You too" to Dude and then looks back at us and says "I don't know how to start girl talk"

"What up?" I say awkwardly and Evie laughs. Then Mal starts "Um, well..." then breaks down and continues "I'm a mess. I'm such a mess. I mean, six months ago, I was, you know, stealing candy from babies, and now everybody wants me to be this Lady of the Court. And I have no idea how to keep up the act"

"Then don't" Carlos says. Then I say "See? This was dumb" and I start to get up and Evie stops me by saying "Maybe it wasn't" then continues "We're always gonna be
the kids from the Isle. I tried to forget it. I really tried, but those are our roots. And we all did what we had to do to survive. But it made us who we are. And we're never gonna be like anybody else here. And that's okay. That's okay" She tells all of us and Carlos adds "And we can't fake it" "No" she says.

Mal sighs and says "Yeah. I mean, especially without my spellbook" Carlos says "Mal, if Ben doesn't love the real you, then he's not the one" I nod in agreement and Evie says "I like that" and Carlos finishes "Give him a chance"

Evie looks at Mal and says "I'm gonna make some changes to your dress. And if you're up for it... Only if you're up for it... It will be waiting for you, okay?"

Then Evie, Carlos, and I get up and Carlos says "Come on, buddy" to Dude and they head off and I pause next to Mal and I say to her "Come to Cotillion tonight, all right? If Ben isn't smart enough to love you and you can't stand another day, I'll drive you back tomorrow myself. Okay?" She nods and smiles at me and then I head off.

——————————————————————
🌹Rose's P.O.V🌹

We are back at R.O.A.R practice in the hall and Jay calls out "Let's bring it in, boys. Let's bring it in"

Once all of the guys are gathered around him he says "All right. You all know I come from the Isle, right, where things are pretty whack" he pauses and chuckles. Then he continues "No, but there is one thing the Isle's got on Auradon. If you're strong, we want you by our side... girl or boy"

Then Chad scoffs and says "Hey, Jay, hold on here. We don't... We don't break the rules here in Auradon. That's over on the Isle" Then Jay pulls out the handbook and reads "The team shall be comprised of one or two captains and eight men."

"So, uh... give it up for your new team captains" and Lonnie and I enter the gym. Chad yells out "Whoa! What?!" Jay places a whistle around my neck and one around Lonnie's neck and we say "Thank you"

Then they all clap and bow except for Chad so we both look at him and he says "Fine" and then bows. I blow my whistle and Lonnie calls out to the group "Give us 10! Come on, guys"

"1, 2" Jay starts counting and then I put my foot on Chad's back and tell him "Pick it up, Chad"

"3, 4..." I point to Jay and wink at him and say "Nice form, Jay" "6, 7, 8, 9, 10" they finish and Lonnie blows her whistle and I say "Okay, practice is over. Get out of here. Go get ready for Cotillion" All the guys get up and head out "Hey, Jay" Lonnie calls. He turns to her and says "Yeah?" Then she smiles and says "Wait until I tell my mom"

He chuckles and says "Get out of here" patting her on the shoulder. Lonnie leaves and then he turns towards me. I look at him then walk up and kiss him. "Are you ready for tonight?" I ask him. He looks and me and asks "Honestly?" I nod yes and he says "No but I've got you by my side I'll be okay" then he wraps his arm around me presses a kiss to the side of my head and says "Let's go get ready" "Ok" I tell him and we walk out together.

A/N:

Ahhh I loved this chapter. Imagine the fencing outfit looks more like the uniform in the movie but still those colors. Two more chapters left until D3! I wish I was able to update more but school is a pain in the a**. I also was happy that I got to add some more Jay/Rose fluff. I love them so much. Once I finish this book I will be placing a poll for what type of fanfic you would like to see next! I can't believe I am almost at the last movie. Anyway, see you next chapter! Love you all!!