Chapter Nine - The Ring Part II

The fight was about to start, the MC was declaring all the rules and guidelines that the fighters had to oblige by.  The whole entire time my gaze was fixed upon Mad, as well as his on me. I cannot believe that he gave me his jacket, and that he pretty much declared that we are dating.

This is surreal.

Our intense stare match did not end until the MC called them both to bump fists. I don’t know if I should be turned on or off by what I'm about to watch. I mean there is nothing hotter than a guy who has a smoking body and can fight. But then there is the turn off that he enjoys it.

A bell sounded out throughout the arena, the fight officially starting. The two boys circled the ring, taunting each other, both with visible smirks on their faces. Here we go, three rounds of punching and kicking.

Maddox taunted his opponent, moving his body left and right, physically saying ‘Where am I gonna go?’ His taunt continued as his opponent, growled, cracking his neck and lunging for Maddox. Maddox dodged with ease, swaying his body to the right, kicking his leg up and wrapping it around Crazy Man. He pulled him down with force, straddling him, and sending a few blows to his face. The crowd erupted into cheers and hoots, as the fight had officially begun.

After the third blow, Jackson (Crazy Man) recovered, and twisted his body, making Maddox fall to the ring with a slight thud. Jackson took a few breathes and Maddox started to stand up.

“That all you got, Pretty Boy?” Jackson taunted, wiping the blood of his mouth.

“Fuck you Jackson, you know I’ve only just started” Maddox growled, and with that he launched at Jackson, sending him straight to the ground, their legs twisting, and arms fraying about as their strength fights against the other.

Jackson broke free first, and sent his first blow into Maddox’s gut, making him grunt out of pain. I shivered lightly at the sound, biting my lip as I watched on.

A bell sounded which signifies the end of round one.  Both boys head to their side of the ring, to take a quick drink, and wipe their faces with a towel. My eyes were on Maddox the whole time, watching as he slowly regained most of his strength and stamina back, after only a few short moments.

Maddox’s eyes then connected, with mine and he sent a sly wink and pouted his lips into a kissy face. I laughed whole heartedly at his goofiness and he sent me a smirk.

Rolling my eyes I poked my tongue at him, causing a loud boom of laughter to erupt from his side of the ring.

“ROUND TWO, LETS GO” the MC yelled. Both boys came in the middle of the ring, bumped fists once again and took a stance.

The bell sounded, and Maddox did not hesitate to surprise his opponent by attacking first. He sent a quick blow to the face, a hard kick to his gut sending him on the floor. Maddox took this opportunity to send some kicks into Jackson’s ribs.

I cringed at the sight in front of me. This is so not right.

From that moment, I took it upon myself to busy myself with my phone, not wanting to watch the scene in front of me. How could anyone want to do something like this? Hurt someone else for fun? I guess the adrenaline is why most people do it…  

“Oi Ariana, but that shit in your pocket, and watch your lover boy fight for that kiss” Max practically snapped, making me jump and fumble putting my phone away.

I looked up at Max and he was sending me a small warning with his eyes. I bit my lip and casted my eyes on the floor, embarrassed. 

I looked up just to see Maddox get a blow to the stomach and a kick to the ribs. Ouch! I watched on as the timer started to slowly end the second round.