Chapter Eight - The Ring Part I

Chapter Eight – The Ring Part I

“So I think I at least owe you an explanation for why I turned up at your front door the way I did last night” Maddox stated, as we continued to eat our breakfast the next morning.

“Well I’d hope so” I mumbled, and continued crunching on my cereal.

“But I can’t really tell you” he said, as he picked up his dirty dish and placed it in my seat.

“You just told me that you owe me an explanation now you can’t tell me? Jesus Maddox what are you, pmsing?” I said, as I glared at his back.

“No matter how hard you try Princess you aren’t going to burn a hole into my back” he said, and turned around a smirk spread across his face. I blushed like a tomato as I grabbed my bowl and mirrored Maddox.

I started to clean up the dishes, ignoring the fact that Maddox was standing next to me, watching my intently. I ignored his gorgeous smirk and washed up all the dishes, and placed them on the drying rack.

I then grabbed the dish rag and started to dry off the dishes and placed them on the counter one by one. On the last dish, I felt a presence behind me, as Maddox wrapped his arms around my waist and nuzzled into my neck, inhaling deeply.

“Don’t be mad Princess, you didn’t even let me explain” he murmured as he pressed a feather light kiss on the side of my neck.

“then finish” I snapped, clearly annoyed placing he last dish on the side of the sink.

“Feisty” he laughed, as he nuzzled further into my neck, his hot breath hitting my neck, sending pleasant shivers down my spine.

“I can’t tell you, because its better if I show you” he said, and pulled the rag out of my hand and tossed it to the side. He then spun my body to face his. A breathtaking smile was written on his face, as he stared me in the eye deeply.

“Careful Bambi, don’t start assuming things now” he then smirked, washing away that beautiful smile he had.

I rolled my eyes and tried to get out of his strong and firm grip.

“Where do you think you're going?” he questioned as he brought his face closer to mine. His breath fanning my face, making me involuntarily close my eyes from the proximity.

Maddox groaned and started to yet again tease me with feather light kisses along my neck and jaw line. My hands travelled and lightly brushed his abs, sending shivers along his chest.

He travelled his hands down my sides, as to my thighs, lightly massaging my exposed thighs from wearing shorts to bed last night.

He then lifted me up, as I wrapped my legs around his waist and he brought me to the cleared counter and sat me on it.

He spread my legs apart and stood in between them, trailing sweet kisses from my forehead, to my cheek, my jawline, my neck and cheekily on the top of my chest just under my neck.

“Why won’t you kiss me” I blurted out going as red as a tomato.

He chuckled deeply, and looked me in the eye.

“You want me to kiss you?” he taunted playfully, as he kissed the side of my lips.

I didn’t trust my voice so I nodded meekly.

“Are you sure?” he whispered, as he leaned closer to kiss me.

I nodded again, my hands making their way up to his neck. My eyes slowly started to close, waiting for him to close the distance between us.