Savage

Alex creaked his eyes open to a voice.

The sun beamed in their grey fur, assuming it was early in the morning. The fuzziness clouding his vision, eyes adjusting to the light. His lids did the talking and dropped themselves without warning, causing the creature to gradually become more annoyed.

Also, Alex swore that the creature was King Julien.

"Wake up, Mr. Alex. Wake up, Mr. Alex. Rise and shining. Wakey-waking, Mr. Alex! Wake up! Alex!"

King Julien had shaken Alex awake, furiously, resting his hands on hips while the lion woke up with wide eyes, wrapped like a body pillow, Ayana resting in the crook of his right elbow, and sucking his thumb with his left hand.

Instead of being unbothered by it, the ring-tail rose a brow, questioning him.

"You suck your thumb?"

Then he screamed, jostling out of the other big cat's hold.

Then everyone else, except Ayana and Alex, screamed.

The four of them jolted- screaming at the sight of the lemurs swarming around on all sides, the sand and trunk they slept on was on top of a warm-colored rug which was on top of multiple tree trunks.

The animals swerved around, bumping into each other many times, and even stepping on their sleeping friend, pondering what they were doing as Julien and Maurice hopped on a pair of stilts.

"Where are we? What the heck is going on?"

"Take it easy."

"What is this?"

"Ow! What are y'all doing?"

"Who built a forest?"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! Don't be alarmed, giant freaks!" Julien tells them, leaning slightly on the wooden stilts. "While you were asleep, we simply took you to our little corner of heaven. Welcome to Madagascar." The ring-tail directed his arm to a certain direction.

All of them turned their heads to the right, as Marty questioned him in turn.

"Mada-who-ah?" The zebra had his mouth shut by Alex with a click so he could move his head to where everyone else was.

"What?" Gloria questioned in awe.

"No, not who-hah. Ascar." Julien corrected.

Madagascar was nothing as it seemed when they got there; there was an open view The grass was a lush green, the palm trees tall, and the water was a brilliant sky blue. The entire scenery shimmered from the Sun's light.

"Marty. It's..." Alex starts, but couldn't finish because he was still awestruck,l along with the rest, even unaware that Julien had stilted himself beside them.

"It's just like my mural back at the zoo." Marty finished for him.

"Oh, no, fella, that is the real deal right there." Gloria disregard, planning her hands on her hips.

"Yeah, man, this is beautiful," Ayana adds.

"Look at that, that's not a bad view." Julien continued.

"I mean, that's the thing that you were always looking at, but it's actually there. I mean, that's like the real version of your..."

"Hey, how about once around the park?" Marty inquired. "Let's get our blood pumping, get those lungs breathing all this fresh air. Who's with me?!"

Ayana smiled at that. "Sure, I'm not that tired."

"Ah, naw. I really, I don't think I could..." Alex pretended to not be interested or into the idea when all of a sudden he tags Marty and exclaims before running off into the clearing. "You're it!"