Birthday Bash

The sky glows a stunning yellow of a rising sun. The grass is green, the palm trees tall. A wild yell is heard, followed by a zebra swinging from a vine. He sails majestically through the air, his hair flowing behind him, black and white colors that swarmed his body glimmering in the light. He lands on one hoof and runs through a choir of penguins, who each fly away in a perfect diagonal pattern.

The zebra takes a running leap and jumps over a cliff, landing softly on the other side and continuing running.

From behind a bush, a man emerges, observing after the other man with hunger and madness in his eyes. His brown and gold mane and ocean blue eyes look ruffled and crazed.

The lion starts creeping after the zebra, then commences a full-on sprint, both running towards the water, the glistening, glorious water...

"SURPRISE!"

The zebra yells as he falls backward off of his treadmill, springing into a double somersault, hitting his head against the wall.

"Alex," he yells. "Do not interrupt me when I’m daydreaming! When a zebra,'s in the zone, leave him alone."

"Come on, Marty. Just wanted to wish you a happy birthday."

The zebra stops at his track and smiled softly. "Hey, man, thanks."

Alex groaned from the pain on the right side of his jaw, rubbing his cheek. "Oh! Ah! Ooh! Hey, um, I got s-I got something stuck in my teeth. It's driving me crazy. Can you help me? Please?"

"Ah! You came to the right place, my friend. Dr. Marty, D.D.S., is in the house. Please hop on top of my sterilized examination table, if you may." Alex hops onto a brick wall separating Marty's pen from another's and he opens his mouth wide.

"I don't see anything."

"It's on the left," Alex mumbled.

"Ow!"

"Oh, sorry."

"OK, just don't talk with your mouth full." Marty goes deeper into the mouth and found the problem. "Aha! Right in here."

After a few seconds of examination, he finds the object.

"What the heck is this doing in there," he exclaims, holding a miniature snow globe with Alex’s likeness in it in his hand.

"Happy birthday!" Alex exclaims.

"Aw, hey, thanks, man." The zebra gushed. "You put it in behind the tooth. You all right."

"These aren't even on the shelf yet. Here. Alex grabs the souvenir and shakes the globe. "Check it out. Check it out. Look at that. Ooh! Look at that. Ooh!"

After Marty got his gift back, he looked closer to see a sculpture of his friend in the center of the snow globe.

"Look at that. It's snowing." Marty noticed as Alex posed exactly like the sculpture.

"Ten years old, huh? A decade. Double digits. The big 1-0." The lion made the number jester with his hands while smiling at the zebra. Unfortunately, Marty looks forlornly at the snow globe and Alex grew worried at the slight expression change.