Billy's Birthday

Captain Marvel, aka Shazam, aka Billy Batson flew silently over top of Fawcett City, patrolling the streets and alleyways. It was a daily routine for him, something he had been doing ever since he got his powers 2 years ago at the age of 10. He was 12 now, a secret he kept from every single person, especially the ones on the Justice League. The Captain had been on the team for over a year now, and despite knowing almost everyone else's identity, he had yet to tell anybody his. Though he had a sneaking suspicion that Batman knew who he was, being the worlds greatest detective and all.

A beeping sound came from his league comm, and he flicked it on. Batman's voice buzzed through, "Captain Marvel, report to the watch tower immediately."

"You got it," he responded cheerfully. Fawcett City had been surprisingly calm the past week or so, and Cap was itching to get some action in. He switched the comm off and veered off towards an alleyway that had a zeta tube in it. After touching down on the ground he climbed into a rickety old photobooth sitting haphazardly at the back. He sat down and announced, "Captain Marvel, 15."

A bright light filled the booth, and disapated, leaving an empty booth with no sign of the Captain.

~~~~~~~~~~

A voice announced the arrival of Captain Marvel in the watchtower. As he flew down from the tubes entrance he came face to face with all the biggest members of the Justice League: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman, and Cyborg.

"Uh, sorry guys! Am I late?" Marvel asked, somewhat nervous at the attentive stares he was receiving from every member.

Flash, aka Barry Allen, was the first one to speak up, "Hey Marvel, it's come to our attention that out of everyone here, you are the person we know the least about."

Marvel began to sweat nervously, and swallowed a lump in his throat. He laughed it off, "haha...is that so?" His eyes flicked from Batman to Superman to the rest of the team as he tried to decipher why this interrogation was suddenly coming up.

Green Lantern, aka Hal Jordan, spoke next. "Look, we get that you like to keep your private life private...if you even have a normal civilian life," he ended off mumbling. Flash elbowed him in the side, getting a loud "Hey!" from Lantern.

Green Lantern continued, speaking more to Barry this time, "what?! It is possible that this guy isn't even a citizen of earth and is just some magical being that just hangs around beating up bad guys." Marvel laughed at this. It certainly would've made his life easier, not having a civilian identity. He wouldn't have to worry about his current 'homeless and kind of starving' situation.

"I actually do have a civilian life," Marvel said while pointedly looking at Green Lantern.

Superman cleared his throat, bringing the attention to him. "Let's get things back on track guys, and ask him what we've been meaning to ask," the muscular blue clad alien man said.

"Look, if this is about my identity-" The Captain began to say, but was interrupted by the flash.

"We just want to know when your birthday is," the speedster said.

Marvels jaw dropped. That was the last question he was expecting. Worry suddenly washed over him. Would this question bring up his age? Would he finally have to admit to being a 12 year old kid to the league? Would he get kicked out for this? For keeping this secret?

Batman stared at Marvel with calculating eyes. He could tell that the question was making the man nervous, though he didn't fully understand why. Despite Marvels worries about Batman knowing his identity, the detective truly did not.

The flash continued talking, "It's not a big deal, we just realized that we've celebrated everybody's birthday at least once. And you joined over a year ago, which means we missed your birthday. We just wanna know so we can celebrate it when it comes again this year."