part 1

Stefania sat on her couch with Jeff bummed out because she most likey won't see her family for Christmas this year. And it's already though for her not seeing them all year which is why Christmas is so important.
Technically she was still allowed to fly to Italy but her work schedule made it almost impossible. And there was a good chance she wouldn't be able to go back for a while because of a strict lockdown.
The worst thing... She could catch the virus... Out in LA, on the plane or wherever and give it to her family. For that reason alone she stayed in LA. No matter how much it hurt.

As they were filming their last scene for the year Danielle noticed how Stefania was acting kinda weird. She immediately knew something was wrong. But she didn't want to put Stefania on the spot right in front of everyone. So she decided to wait til they got home since they had planned on hanging out after filming because there wasn't any Christmas party with the cast like there usually was around this time. She decided to just try her best to comfort her for as long as they were still at work.
They walked back to their trailers after filming their last scene and to Danielle's surprised Stefania hugged her tight before going into her trailer. She mumbled a soft "thank you" to Danielle who then pulled away and looked at her a bit confused.
"What? You think I wouldn't notice you're being extra nice to me today?" She giggled. Now Danielle was smiling too. "I'll go get my stuff from the trailer and I'll be back here in 10 so we can head home, okay?" Danielle asked. Stefania just nodded with a tired smile on her face.
As Danielle was gathering her stuff she found a Polaroid she took of Stefania a few weeks ago. Just her smiling back at Danielle a little drunk. She looked gorgeous.
Danielle has had a crush on her ever since they started filming and it only got stronger as time went on. But she was terrified to act on it or even say something... to anyone. Sure, they played a couple on the show but that was different. That was just acting. Where Danielle could hide how she really felt.
She's had crushes on women before and even a girlfriend in highschool. But back then they were both way too deep in the closet for the relationship to have any chance. Everything since then didn't go further than crushes. And she did have crushes on men too. She was confused about how she even felt. That was part of why she didn't say anything. But the other, bigger part was that she was afraid people in her life would hate her or abandon her. Sure, it was an irrational fear but it was there and there was nothing she could do about it.
She felt a tear running down her face. She'd gotten so lost in her thought that she didn't even notice before. Now she looked in her little mirror and there were tears streaming down her face. She had to somehow get herself cleaned up and get to Stefania's trailer before she noticed anything.
Stefania waited in her trailer for Danielle to finally knock for 10 minutes until she decided to take her bag and go over there to see what's up. Just when she opened her trailer door though she saw Danielle walking towards her with a big smile on her face. As she came closer tho Stefania saw she'd been crying buy decided not to address it. At least not now.
"Sorry I took so long. You got everything I assume?" Danielle asked and Stefania just nodded walking towards the blonde's car. They'd come to work together a lot since Stefania's house was basically on Danielle's way to work.
The car ride was filled with comfortable silence and Stefania almost falling asleep several times. She hadn't slept very well the past few nights because not only could she not go and see her family this Christmas but a friends of hers back in Italy was corona positive. She was exhausted to say the least. As they got closer to Stefania's house Danielle asked "mine or yours?" "Yours" Stefania answered almost immediately. Danielle's house was a safe place far away from all her own problems. "But can we get Jeff?" She then added and Danielle just nodded. They usually stayed the night at each other's places because once they started a movie night with wine.... neither one of them wanted to leave the house. They usually just fell asleep on the couch together.
Danielle loved and hated this at the same time. While it did make her feel closer to Stefania and like she actually had a chance with her she couldn't completely forget all the doubts and confusion.