Coffee Beans

Title: Coffee Beans
Summary: Twilight reflects to a certain ridiculous event caused by coffee beans.
Rating: K+ (slight T for swearing)
Warning: Children, do not be like Sunset. She swears.
A/N: None.

Twilight takes a sip of her coffee, frowning.

Now, frowning isn't something she does ever so often. Typically, she only frowns when the situation at hand is difficult for her to handle, especially if said situation demands a scavenging rampage for a certain information—(this one happens in tests)—or a massive amount of self control.

This time though, Twilight is stacking up her self control into an ugly-looking imaginary castle and forces herself to keep calm and be comfortable—or else she'll snap, and that is absolutely the last thing she ever wanted to do.

She groans inwardly, (rolling her eyes and readjust her glasses on the outside,) and breaks her stare from a rapidly moving blue hand and angry orange blob, to focus on her calming, stress-relieving, magical coffee beans.

Brewed coffee beans, she corrects in her head. Or brewed coffee powder, in this case.

In her mind, she snorts. I can't believe I've had the thought that coffee is a kind of fruit juice.

And so her internal wonder begins.

.

"Explain yourself," Sunset sneered at her.

They were peacefully walking home together that noon, and suddenly Twilight, with her "huge af brain", came out with the most ridiculous statement Sunset had ever heard her whole life. (Second to one of Celestia's poor life choices to ban her from her homeland—but that was looong ago.)

Twilight rolled her eyes—something she's prone into these days—and explained with something akin to an arrogant tone, "Coffee beans came from a fruit."

Sunset blinked. "Are you kidding?"

"Why would you think I'm kidding?! Of course I'm not!"

Sunset wondered where did Twilight find the nerve to raise her voice at anyone.

She pinched between her eyebrows, praying for the gods to give the timid Twilight with all her corny jokes back because she couldn't stand this massive-brained, arrogant motherfucker for another five minutes. Or even less.

(She regretted wishing for the corny jokes to stop at Christmas. Poor life choice.)

"Alright; let's say it does work like that." Sunset glared at the other girl. "Then I suppose tomato sauce is a juice too?" She challenged.

Much to her surprise, Twilight actually took her time to think. (And here she thought she was gonna spit some idiotic and stubborn—)

"Well tomato sauce is a sauce!"

Sunset's jaw went slack. Her self control finally snapped. (Nevermind.)

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN TOMATO SAUCE IS A SAUCE? You basically claimed that coffee is a 'juice' because coffee beans came from a fruit, and now you're saying that tomato sauce isn't a juice even if tomato is a fruit itself?!"

Twilight parted her lips to reply, then decided against it. She put a hand on the chin and frowned.

"Is tomato a fruit or a vegetable?"

"Oh for fuck's sake—SANTA CLAUS, I WANT TO EXCHANGE THIS FUCKER FOR THE CORNY ONE, PLEASE!"

.

Twilight giggles at her mug, successfully gaining the attention of the two blob on the corner of her eyes.

"Sunset, is she crazy?" Rainbow Dash—the blue blob—cringes.

The mentioned orange blob blinks, contemplating the right words to reply.

"Nah, she's just like that," she deadpans.

Twilight takes a quick second to send a half-hearted glare to her. She sips on her now lukewarm coffee, and cringes afterwards.

She shoves the cup away and rests her cheek on her palm. Mustering all her remaining self-control, she pulls out her most innocent face and asked,

"Hey Sunset,

Is coffee a juice or a smoothie?"

The way the colors drains off Sunset's face is something she want to remember through the rest of her life.