A Book of Tetrapods

Title: A Book of Tetrapods
Summary: Sunset wanted to go out, but Twilight and her cursed book just had to get in the way.
Rating: T
Warning: Sunset as a teasing god.
A/N: I'm being robbed and I can't just get over it.

"Twilight, I'm going out."

The book on Twilight's hand snapped shut in a loud noise. She turned her head to the side, frowning.

"What did you say?" She blinked. She watched as Sunset tied the laces of her shoe and turned around to shoot her a smirk.

"Can I go?" Sunset teased. She stood from the bedside, walking around to get to the other side of the bed where Twilight sat and towered over her. Her hand took a place on the wall and she leaned forward, an oddly familiar smirk Twilight was kinda afraid of still planted on her delicate face.

Twilight did not take it well.

Okay, Twilight. Keep calm, look at her nose. Don't look under the nose, Twilight. Don't look under the nose.

It seemed that Sunset was talking about something, judging at the way her cheeks moved—don't look under the nose—but Twilight's brain was too occupied to actually paying any attention.

"—and Applejack said they sell plain white t-shirt. You know how hard it is to get plain t-shirts, right? You know, without some pointless symbol and stuff? Oh my god, I'm sounding more like Rainbow Dash."

Twilight couldn't care less if she does sound like their overly ambitious friend. She just needed to get out of this situation ASAP.

"—say, Twilight." Her eyebrows shot upward in an instant as well as her body when her name was mentioned. All her senses coming back at her and suddenly, her face was as red as Sunset's hair streak.

The lips she so desperately avoided was next to her burning, red ear.

"Would you—" shivers ran across her body at the hot breeze invading her hearing organ. The grip on her book tightened,

"—come with me?"

And she smacked away the intruder—a.k.a. Sunset—with her two-hundreds-and-so pages of 'Everything You Want to Learn about Tetrapods, Vol. 2'.

Thank the gods for Tetrapods.

"Ow! Twilight! Is that how you treat me now?!" Sunset snarled, rubbing her left jaw with eyes glazed over as if she's ready to cry. (Even if it's a fake, teasing cry because Sunset is a tough baby— I mean girl.) "I'm your girlfriend!"

Standing up with much difficulty than usual—(due to the shock)—she pointed a hand mockingly at the bruise forming on Sunset's face, and slurred.

"Y-You— You're too close!"

"Oh please, you're stuttering as if we've never been that close before. Hell, we even have been even closer than that!"

Sunset frowned—(at her choice of word and at the twitching of Twilight's hand that hold the goddamned book)—but then smirked.