date (part 1)

"ARE U KIDDING ME?" Selena jumps from the barstool and stares at her disbelievingly. Charli drops the fork, and proud-faced Ariana and Taylor give each other high-five.

"I'm goddamn serious and terrified right now." she groans, hiding her face behind the palms. She can't believe it's true. Everything was perfect in her head while the experience was online. But live? She never have thought that he would insist on a meeting so soon.

"Terrified? He likes you, stupid." Ari grins and throws a piece of lettuce at her. "Shawn Mendes came back to Miami only to see your pretty face? Phewww, what the hell girl!" she squeals playfully and throws another leaf of lettuce at her

"STOP IT!" she throws it back right into her face, which makes Ariana giggle. It's pretty easy to be confident and sassy on the internet. But in reality, she is just a 20-year-old girl who hasn't had a relationship for a year and two months. She has some stupid exams on her nose, three dogs, a teenage sister, and parents in the next room.

What if she acts differently and he will be disappointed in her? What if Shawn will be disappointed that he came to visit her in Miami when instead, he could be with his family, whom he hadn't seen for three months?

Yes. She's terrified because she cares and most of all because she hates failing people.

"Did he really asked you out on a date DATE?" Selena rests her head in hands and stares at her like a puppy.

"It's not a date!" Camila rolls her eyes and takes another sip of wine. "He said he is taking me out..."

"Exactly. It's called a date, dummy..." Taylor responds, throwing another fry in her mouth, "do you still remember that word?" they all laugh while she glares at them.

"Okay yeah, ha-ha! I haven't been in one over a year. Stop gloating now!" she sighs and finishes her glass of wine in one gulp.

"Whoa!" Charli takes the bottle away from the table. "Slow down, champ. You have an important evening tonight," she says, and it makes Camila whine in displeasure.

"So... where did he invite you to?" Sel asks dreamy while chewing her burger. "Something awfully expensive or atmospheric cute by the ocean?"

"Have no fucking idea. Boy just asked for my location."

They all froze, and Charli immediately choked on her drink.
"He is going to be HERE?" she asked while coughing.

"Oh, no, no, no!" She shook her head and threatened them with her finger, "You will help me choose an outfit and calm me the hell down, and then you all will leave."

"But..." they synchronously started.

"NO!" her eyebrows moved to one spot. She got up from the chair and put her hands on her hips. "And don't you even try to track us down and watch us from the bushes or some shit." She mumbled and headed for the door. "Now... let's find some clothes in a shitty wardrobe of mine."
Finally girls exchanged outrageous sighs and followed her.

---------------------------------

"Maybe this one?" she hopefully pulled out a blue dress with long laces from her wardrobe and walked into the room.

"What are you going to see the Queen or something?"
Ariana commented from bed and threw the donut pillow in a dress. "Thank u, next."

"Thank u, neeeext." Camila mocked her, walked into her dressing room for the hundredth time, and sighed tiredly. She already hated the idea of ​​this meeting/date thing, whatever.

She was tired, confused, nervous, and a little drunk with wine. She has only 3 hours left, and all she wanted to do right now is curl up into a ball and have a Harry Potter marathon. And a lot of ice cream. That's it.