chapter two

The day is here. My suitcase is all packed and I just got out of the shower. My fear for flight is not exaclty calming down even after last night google and youtube researching for meditation and tips.

Owen and Leo will be here in fifteen minutes to pick us up so we can head to the airport. I slip on a pair of sweatpants and a crop top, my hair has been in two french braids over night so I kept them to keep my hair out of my face.

From downstairs I hear the front door open. Owen and Leo are here. I grab my overpacked suitcase, trying to pull it with me down the stairs.

"woah, need a hand with that?" Leo walks up the stairs, his dark brown curls are hanging from his forehead. He looks adorable. Shut up.

"yeah, thank you" he smiles and takes my suitcase out of my hand, carrying it as if it's full of air.

"Leo doing everything for you these days" Theo mentions with crossed arms when we're standing in the hallway.

"At least someone here is kind enough to help a girl out" I mock him only for Theo to roll his eyes at me while the two Evans brothers laughs at us before we head out the door.

"we were thinking breakfast when we get to the airport" Leo mentions while tapping his fingers on the steering wheel.

"Yes that's sounds good, I'm starving" It's almost six am, too early.

Finally we arrive at the airport and after going through security we're just walking around on the airport. When we find a place to sit down and wait for our plane, me and Leo craved coffee while the others wanted a smoothie or a juice. We went separate ways. Me and Leo headed to Starbucks to order two coffees along with two sandwiches.

There's an empty table where we sit down to wait for our order. At first we glance at each other, sitting in silence before Leo speaks.

"I'm really happy that you're here" the fainted smile painted on his lips, i smiled back.

"I'm happy you wanted me here" both of us chuckle. A silence creeped up on us again which made me sigh. It wasn't an awkward silence. I felt comfortable being around Leo. "Now there's only the flight and then I can relax"

"Are you afraid of flying?" He asked. In all honesty i feel a bit embarrassed by it. I look down at my fingers while nodding.

Suddenly his hand was placed on mine. Lightly rubbing his thumb against my skin. "Don't worry Mel, everything will be alright. You're being very much protected during this trip so no funny business" his words makes me laugh

"that's so mean though, I wanna let loose"

"And you can. As long as we're there to keep an eye on you" I slap his arm.

"You're no fun" i try pretending to form a frown but it only comes out in laughter. 

Leo Evans

That laugh. It was absolutely everything. It's not usual for me and Melody to spend time together. She's always been with Owen and I've always been with Theo. I've always known her for Theo's annoying little sister. But she's definitely not annoying. She grew up. And damn. No, but she's Theo's little sister so definitely off limits which means I have to get her of my mind.

When we got our breakfast we walked back to the gate. Meeting Theo and Owen who's two smiling idiots standing there with their breakfast.

We crash down in a corner. All the seats were taken at our gate so the floor it is. We sat there eating our breakfast, cracking jokes and laughing.

It was finally time to board the plane. We stand up- well except for one of us who stays seated at her corner looking like she just saw a ghost.

"Mel?" Owen asks and we all turn to face her. I immediately know that it's the flying fear that is hitting her.

"She told me she was scared of flying" I say, crouching down in front of her. She hesitates when I hold my hands out in front of her to take. "Don't worry"

She takes my hands and i help her stand up. Immediately she wraps her arms around me. Clinging tight to my body. My hands make soothing movements on her back. Stroking up and down to calm her nerves.

"You don't have to stress about this, darling"

"Thank you" she whispers against my chest. I grab the sides of her face in my hands, leaning back to look at her. A small smile appears on her lips.

"You okay Mel?" Theo wraps his arm around her shoulder. His eyes met mine for a quick second and I couldn't help but feel it as a glare. I know he's very over protective of her but so am I, if I'm honest. He shouldn't worry, I'm his best friend.

"Yeah, I will be" he kisses her forehead before Owen sequels.

"My turn. Move Theo" he pushes Theo away from Melody, hugging her from behind. "Ready for an amazing adventure Melody Hunter?"

"Born ready, Owen Evans"

Everyone laughs and with a few nerves calmed we board the plane to start an eventful summer.

Who knows how this summer will end?