𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐.

Y/N's POV

I've been driving for hours. No water, no food. My mind was tired of constantly running. I had to stop and stretch. My body needed it.

I parked in the middle of a deserted road, and got out of the car since everything was all clear.

I took a look around me. This place wasn't as bad as back there. Cars had crashed into each other, smoke going up in every place, people running and hugging their loved ones good bye for the last time, people getting bit, people turning... It was chaos. Getting out of that one intersection was hard enough.

I took a few minutes to stretch, still carefully watching my surroundings. When I was done, I got back in the car.

Where was I gonna go? I had no idea. I rarely went out and the country was huge. I didn't have a good sense of geography in the first place anyway.

I immediately locked the doors and sighed as I realized I messed up... I left my phone. Whatever. I was about to start the car when a woman covered in blood ran up to my window and pounded on it.

"HELP ME!! PLEASE!! LET ME IN!!" I didn't know what to do. Her appearance was horrific and terrifying. And I had to be careful when making decisions now. Really careful.

I wasn't gonna open the window. "Please calm down," I said, trying to keep my composure collected even though I was so nervous and scared myself.

"PLEASE HELP ME!!"

Shoot. Think y/n... what should you do? Put that brain of yours to use. I could let her in but what if she was infected? Check for a bite mark... Darn it. I can't see her skin since it's covered in so much blood.

"A CRAZY MAN ATTACKED ME!! I'M SCARED AND I NEED HELP!! PLEASE HELP ME!!" The woman cried.

I felt bad... for once. I was going to have to leave her behind to suffer. I didn't want to kill another person directly again. My Dad was enough right now.

"Hold on," I said. I put my hand on the keys and my foot on the gas pedal just in case she would turn right away. "Can you tell me what's going on? Why's everything like this? Why are people attacking one another?"

"I don't know!! I ran as far as I could!!"

"How did this happen? When did it start?" I asked.

"I honestly don't know how this happened! But I think it's the vaccine!"

"The vaccine?"

"I think the test subjects for the LMV vaccine started all of this!!"

That answered my question. So it started yesterday and maybe hell didn't break loose until today, but maybe that's just in this area of the country.

"Please... don't leave me here..." the woman suddenly grew weak, slowly lowering her knees to the ground and falling, as if she had given up all hope. I wonder what she witnessed.

"I'm sorry, but I need to change if I want to survive. I can't let sympathy get in the way anymore. This is our messed up, unfair reality now," I said.

Then the woman started having a stroke. Her bones snapped in all the wrong and opposite directions, and she looked so out of it.

I immediately turned the keys, put the gear in drive, and stepped on the gas pedal. I'm sorry... or am I really?

It was getting dark. The colors of the sky were turning into a warm orange and I was internally panicking. I was tired too, nearly falling asleep on the wheel a couple times. Not to mention how I hadn't eaten or drank anything in a while.

The car was not a safe refuge for the night. I need to stay somewhere that would provide me with protection strong enough that gave me a good sense of security. That way I could be confident I would survive the night when I fell asleep.

I didn't know where exactly I was. I had just kept driving, trying to avoid zombies everywhere, and ended up in another abandoned neighborhood, quite empty and quiet. I scanned the houses to look for the most fortified one right now.

But time wouldn't slow down for me, as it was just getting darker. I needed to hurry up. I even had to check my pulse to tell myself I was OK and still alive.

Time was going by too quickly. It was now pitch black. There was not even a moon out tonight. Shoot, shoot, shoot.

I parked the car outside of a house with a sturdy concrete, rock wall and iron bar gate. The house was 2 story... that could either be an issue or a big help. But seeing this house offered good security, I decided to stay here for the night.

I parked the car closest to the gate as I possibly could. My heart rate was elevating. I got out of the car, but couldn't help wince when I closed the car door, causing a noise that could be heard. Please be no zombies in the area...

I climbed onto the hood so I could get onto the roof of the car, and from there climb onto the iron gate and get over.

Then I saw a female zombie running towards me, screaming. Her screams were absolutely purely deafening. I froze for a second but then immediately put my feet in the open spaces of the gate and grabbed the bars as I pulled myself up as fast as I could.

I didn't think about this more! I had to be careful of the sharp spikes/tips that stuck out in parts of the gate, so I had to move my feet and climb up a little higher.

Then once I got high enough, I used my strength to get onto the concrete wall on time.

"Hah hah..." I panted as I looked down at the screaming female zombie. She just missed me... and was crazier than the other ones I've seen. She could run kind of fast, and she pounded on the wall with her bare fists, screeching.

I looked at her with horror and pity, a feeling I didn't think you could feel at the same time. What happened...

"Yikes... Aw, crap..." I continued panting. "I almost died again..."

I jumped down from the top of the wall and headed inside the house, my knife in my hand.

The door was unlocked, and it was quiet. Though I wasn't going to let my guard down because of this.

I scanned the area with caution, ready to quickly swing and stab whatever zombie came my way. I hated jump scares and surprises. Always had.

I checked every room on the first floor. All clear. And so I closed the windows and locked any accessible entry and exit to the outside. Then I checked upstairs. It was clear but there was one more room left to check.

The door was closed. I nervously stood in front of it for a minute, but it felt like an hour.

I took a deep breath in, and quickly grabbed the handle and tried to open the door, but it was locked. I kept shaking the handle. Locked?!

"Aah!" I heard a little yelp or scream. Huh?

"Shut up Tokimitsu...!" I heard another voice scold in a whisper-like tone.

"You wanna die?"

"Hello?" I continued trying to open the door. Were there survivors? "I-I'm human! See, I can talk!"

After what seemed like forever, the door slowly opened to reveal a tall boy with black hair in a V-shaped fringe, and dark blue eyes.

"Guys, it's a survivor!"

AUTHOR'S NOTE 🔪

I would've died or at least peed myself once already. Maybe even throw up from the strong feeling of fear 😬