𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟑.

Y/N's POV

Hard to believe it's only been 3 weeks since the apocalypse started. I think I've come a far way, battling the fears of survival in this scary every day life now. I checked the lace on my shoes, but frowned when I saw that I was wearing shorts. They say in zombie apocalypses, you should cover up as much skin as possible, yet here I was, only wearing a hoodie, shorts, and black ankle socks with shoes.

Averting my gaze to Yukimiya, I noticed how much of a nervous wreck he was. He looked a little pale, and his friend, Karasu, was quiet. Only Otoya seemed to be okay. Seeing Karasu and Yukimiya scared brought me flashbacks to the first days when it all began. I was so scared out of my mind that I thought I would throw up.

"Sorry, but you can't chicken out today," Shidou said, putting his hand on Karasu's shoulder. "You don't have to fight, but try to stay alive, yeah?"

"You're not helping."

As soon as the clock would strike 11, we would barge out. The new weapons that we had were a win for us, so I'm sure that we can all make it out alive with this to our advantage.

"One minute left."

"I'm scared," Yukimiya said. I gave him a reassuring smile. He admitted his fear, and that was the first step.

"We're a group that'll always stick together. Whenever one's in trouble, the whole group will do whatever it takes to help them out. That's how our friendship works."

11:00 AM.

"Let's do this."

All of us exited the apartment as quietly as we possibly could, gently closing the door, and locking it. Everyone would stay in partners of 2 or 3, and at least one member of each group would have a weapon with them. We started off with casually walking, not too fast, but at a moderate pace. Aryuu figured walking was better than running, because if you end up running into a zombie, it's game over. Isagi and Yukimiya were my partners, I held my axe as Isagi held... a water gun.

"Pfft - Isagi, what're you doing holding a water gun?" I asked, trying to contain my laughter.

"I heard zombies don't like water! And it's technically a weapon, right?" He grinned.

Onto the next floor. There were 2 groups of people at both ends of the group, so Chigiri's group had to walk backwards to watch our back, and Shidou's group had to lead us to watch our front. The rest of us stayed in between them.

"Don't try so hard to make as little noise as you can. It'll slower your pace that way, and we wanna get out of here as soon as possible," Nagi reminded us.

"We're almost to the ground, guys!"

Shidou halted to a stop. "Ugh dammit, there's some of them on this last floor," he whispered.

"Then they're mine," Bachira said, moving past Shidou, but someone beat him to it.

"Otoya?!"

With a pair of bolt cutters, Otoya hit a zombie in the back of its head, the impact being so hard that he killed it. As other zombies noticed this, they came closer, one of them being able to run. Otoya took out 2 more, but then Bachira came in and took the rest out.

"7 dead," Bachira threw a knife into the head of the last zombie. Then he walked over to it to take his knife out of its scalp. "Let's see who has the highest kill count by the end of this, yeah?"

"Um, this isn't a game -"

"HELL YEAH!!!"

The boys and I made it to the parking lot, looking for a way to get back to the car. There were zombies here and there, but very few, making me wonder where the rest all were.

"Ah, y/n!" Yukimiya whispered. He pointed to something in the distance, and that's when I saw it. It's that big jacked ripped monster from yesterday. I cursed under my breath. Was falling from a few stories not enough to kill him? That monster's behavior is weird, too.

A loud sound was heard, my head automatically turning to where the noise came from. Aryuu had just killed a zombie with his huge shovel.

"Oops, that made a loud noise..."

Several more zombies in the distance turned their heads toward us. 4 of them ran, while the others slowly walked. Seeing one run toward me, I readied myself and got into position, but then Isagi shot water at the zombie's face.

"DIE!!"

As expected, the zombie didn't die, but just got even more pissed. However, since Isagi sprayed water in its eyes, it couldn't see for a moment, and stopped, so I took it as an opportunity to kill it.

"Nice distraction. Maybe the water gun does work."

"I never imagined myself to be using a huge water gun in a zombie apocalypse!"

"WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?!!"

My expression completely changed once I saw what Shidou was pointing out. This mutated, spider-like zombie was seen in the distance, leaping and hopping around the place. If it looks that big from here... I can't imagine how big it must be if it ever got closer to us.

"T-That's not a zombie..." Yukimiya was panicking. His face had gone completely pale, he looked like he was gonna throw up. I was now worrying for him and the whole group. That thing in the distance... was a creature.

"I don't know how that thing came to exist, or why it's like that, but we NEED to get out of here before that thing notices us," I said. I felt my grip on my axe loosening.

The creature had a long upper body and many long arms and legs. It seemed to hop and leap as its way of traveling and moving. Observing it, I noticed it stopped as it found something interesting. Using its long arms, I watched it carry 2 bodies with its 4 arms. The bodies belonged to a dead zombie and a dead human. Using its arms, it ripped the body of the zombie's and human's corpses, eating them.

I quickly turned my head away in disgust. That could be me... Panic took over my body once more. That creature could probably kill all of us today... How can we escape that thing? It has longer limbs, more legs and arms, and can definitely climb.

"We need to get out of here," Rin said.

"L-Let's... Let's just get to the car already!!" Raichi yelled, running ahead with Reo who was his partner.

"RAICHI STOP!!" Reo shouted.

Raichi turned around to look at Reo in frustration, but freezed as he felt pounding footsteps from in front of him. Slowly turning his head to his front, he was met with the zombie monster.

I couldn't take it anymore. I collapsed onto my knees and held my head with my hands that were shaking from fear.

"There's 2 monsters... Are we really gonna make it?"

AUTHOR'S NOTE ‼️

after searching up "creepy monster art" on google, i found out how much of a creative imagination people have 😃