5. ☕️ 𝓡.𝓟.

POV: Robert asked Y/N to be his gf (yay!) and she said yes!

A/N: A bit of angst at the beginning, but nothing too harsh :))

---

We never wanted to rush things; at least I didn't. Dating Robert was the best thing that happened to me after a particularly difficult breakup that left me self-conscious and self-loathing. Robert was kind, amiable and always full of understanding, why my ex-boyfriend had always blamed me for our fights and made me feel unworthy of his love. He kept reminding me how he could have every girl he wanted, and that leaving him would be my biggest mistake; that I was nothing without him.

At the beginning of my relationship with Robert I was very anxious that he feels the same way about me as my ex did. What if he leaves me as soon as he realises that I'm worthless? Maybe my ex was right – every guy will realise that, sooner or later, I don't deserve them.

My previous experience was probably the main reason why I was so cautious with Robert and did everything I could not to rush anything. I didn't want him to grow tired of me, which is something I thought would happen if we progressed too quickly in our relationship.

Robert wasn't always that patient, sometimes he was even a bit pushy, but that was understandable. He was a famous rockstar after all, and he wasn't used to not getting everything he wanted at first try. He was accustomed to having groupies throwing themselves at him, crazy fans drooling over his untamed hair and shirtless torso. Dating a girl that found it hard to show too much affection and declined every move he made must've been quite a challenging experience. He was doing all he could to handle it, and he did really well despite the occasional annoyed sighs he thought I hadn't noticed. Yet he was always very caring and romantic, and he promised me to wait, after all.

I was full of hope that Robert and this relationship will change me, and drive away the demons my ex left in my head.

During the week before the guys left for their European tour, Robert took me out on a date to a café not too far away from my apartment. Since he wasn't living in the same city as I did, he had to travel a few miles to get to me, which had always made me feel guilty.

The change in the air was apparent. The days were becoming longer and sunnier, the nights were shorter and warmer. The day of our date showed the first signs of spring in the air, and Robert insisted we walk to the café. Him being so enthusiastic about the outdoors and able to appreciate the aesthetics of the seasons only added to his loveable personality, making it even harder to resist.

As we walked to the coffee place, we passed an old botanical garden that was popular mostly among older people living in the city. The benches near the entrance were always full of old couples reading books or doing crosswords and wearing huge woollen jackets. Robert, unsurprisingly, took no notice of that and started dragging me towards the big entrance gate.

"Y/N, look," Robert beamed and pointed towards a sea of snowdrops under a big old tree.

"I've never seen so many of them on a single spot."

He was looking so happy and at peace with nature. I couldn't fight the urge to kiss him at that moment, earning a few disgusted snorts from the old couples sitting nearby. But I couldn't care less. The kiss was gentle at first, becoming more and more passionate with every passing second, taking Robert by surprise. He was standing there with his hands by his sides, but then he realised I meant it and his hands travelled to my waist. He started moving one of them slightly lower, but then one of the grans shouted "Utter disgrace!" and I broke the kiss. He didn't open his eyes for a few seconds afterwards, and when he did, he gave me one of his looks again and then squeezed my hand.

"Let's go, we've got a date to go on."

***

The café was a small and cozy place. I was scared we might run into some Led Zeppelin fans who wouldn't leave us alone, but luckily everyone was too busy talking and smoking cigarettes. Robert took a pack out of his pocket when we sat down at our table.

"Would you like one?" he asked, showing me that packet of cigarettes. I frowned at him.

"No, thanks, I don't smoke," I said, without adding "and maybe neither should you".

"That's a wise decision. See, once you start smoking, it's almost impossible to stop," he said, already with a lit cigarette in his mouth as he breathed in deeply.

"Why did you start then?"

"Dunno. All of my friends smoked and it felt weird not to smoke. I didn't want to be the odd one out. Plus, I like to think of it as my inspiration. I always feel more myself when I smoke. But now that I've got you, you can be my muse," he looked at me dreamily.

"Seriously, Robert, when I think you can't possibly give me a sweeter compliment, you come up with one," I giggled, hiding my red cheeks. He smiled shyly and put my hands down from my face.

"You don't have to hide your beautiful blush, Y/N. Not from me," he said.

We stared at each other for a while, smiling like idiots.

"Robert?" I finally broke the silence.

"Yes, darling?"

"Tell me about the places you'll visit on the tour."

His eyes sparkled with excitement. He took both of my hands into his and began telling me about those fantastic things he'd see, all the people he'd meet, and I listened to him with a smile on my lips, my heart breaking a bit with every thought of not being by his side.

My eyes glistened with tears by the end of his speech, but I fought hard to keep them at bay.

"I can't wait to hear about everything when you get back."