Chapter 7

After I got stopped by the cops, I ended up getting arrested for resisting to do a breathalyzer. From what the report, I was supposedly slurring my words and swerving onto the other lane which I know is a lie. The real reason why they tried to make me do one is because I wouldn't get my tits out for them.

I was forced to spend the night in a cell, I was given no phone call so I posted bail in the morning and called my lawyers. Within the hour, I was pursing legal action for sexual harassment and unfair treatment. My rights had been breached and I was not going to allow them to make me out to be someone that I am not.

I never drive when I drink. I may act reckless or irrational but I would never endanger anybody like that. 

"Let me deal with this for you." My lawyer cups my face. "Just take care of yourself, Veronica."

"I'll try." I smile sadly.

My lawyer looks into my eyes, "I do believe you and I will fight for this injustice. You posted bail and I will get you your money back because that never should have happened."

"I don't care about the money." I tell her honestly. "I don't want to be painted as a villain. A woman makes a claim of sexual assault and harassment, nobody believes her."

"Well they will today." She helps me into my car. "I'm going to be reviewing the image from the police cam and hopefully there will be some audio attached. I will give you a call tomorrow and we will talk about ways to proceed with the potential case." 

---

When I came back home, Jared was nowhere to be seen. He left a long note in the kitchen letting me know that he has gone to work and will be back when he next has a break.

Atleast somebody has a job.

I don't even know if I still have a job after my little outburst at the table read so when Brennon invited me over to his new house, I was more than happy to go. At this point in my life, I do not want to be alone anymore.

"This place is beautiful." I tell him after he has given a grand tour of the place. "It's so pure."

"That's weird way of putting it." Brennon laughs as he playfully nudges me. 

"You know what I mean

"You know what I mean." I fake a smile. "This place is not tainted and I'm sure that you have loads of happy memories. My house is so depressing and I don't have any good vibes when I go there."

"Find a new house, start anew." Brennon says as he leads me into the family room where we both take a seat on the same sofa.

A few moments of silence go by as we just stare at the wall, not knowing what to say to eachother. I met Brennon around the same time that I met Zander but since I was always attached to Zander's dick, I didn't get to know him as much as I should have.

"Brennon." He turns to look at me. "Do you think I'm pretty?"

His eyes widen in shock before he grabs my left hand and gives it a soft squeeze. "You are very beautiful."

"Would you ever date me?" I quietly asks and he doesn't waste a beat in shaking his head no. "Why?"

I ignore how choked up I'm getting over his response.

"You're one of my best friends." Brennon squeezes my hand again. "I don't want to sound like an asshole when saying this but you need to love yourself. When I look into your eyes, half of the time it looks dead and it scares me."

He is not the first person to say that.

"When I first met you, you were so full of life and ready for the next adventure." I try not to react to his words. "Now you just drift around like a lost soul."

---

Veronica: You wish you were me 

5,000,000 likes ~ 20,000 comments

My time with Brennon really opened my eyes to what the people close to me thought of me. I used to be the life and soul of the group which is why I was the only female in the squad but that spark is gone.

Being called a lost soul is not something that you want to hear in your late twenties. Not long from now I am going to be thirty years old which is fucking insane so I need to get my shit together.

The person that I wanted to turn to was Zander but he is away on some baecation with that girlfriend of his. I would be lying if I said that I wasn't envious of them, I should have taken Zander when we were young.

"Hey baby." I smile as I look at my bestfriend who is walking up to my door. "I missed you."

"I missed you too." Piper responds as she pulls me in for a hug. "I was really worried about you."

"I know

"I know." I gesture for her to enter my house before I shut the door behind her. "Sorry for the stress."

We make our way into the kitchen where I have finished preparing everything to go into our fajitas.

"You've been dodging my calls." Piper says as she helps me carry everything out onto the patio. 

"I lost my phone." I somewhat tell the truth. With all the drinking that I have been doing as of late, I keep having to replace my belongings because they keep getting stolen.

Once everything is laid out onto the table, we get to work on assembling our fajitas. 

"What bottle do you want?" I ask while sucking the juices off my finger. "Want something fruity or strong?"

"Let's have some water instead." Piper gives me a look and I furrow my brows at her. "If we have one drink, we're not going to stop and I drove here."

"Ugh, you're so boring." I mutter under my breath as I quickly make my way into the kitchen to fetch two glasses of water. "Here you are, your majesty."

"Thanks." Piper winks as as she takes the glass from my hand and I sit down opposite her. "Where's Jared?" 

"Work." I respond as I pick up my fajita and take a small bite out of it. "I don't want to talk about Jared." 

"Then what do you want to talk about?" Piper raises a brow at me as she leans forward.

"Not my life." I bite down on my lower lip. "Tell me about your life."