Chapter 32

"Us, From The Past"

"Myoui Mina."

Mina faced the one who called her name. "Yes?"

"Oh, nothing. I just read the name tag, this is yours, right?" It was Seventeen's Hong Jisoo. Mina smiled, "Thank you," then she gave respect.

Joshua reached the name tag to its owner before he left. Mina followed him by her eyes, without blinking. Yes, Myoui Mina fell in love at first sight with him.

How could a gentleman like him exist in this world?

She regrettably hit herself, You have to debut, Mina, keep your hands to yourself! She thought.

She is currently with Sana and Momo, her co-Japanese trainees. "Mina, don't you think this looks fabulous?" Momo asked then posed. Mina laughed at her face, she wore tons of bracelets, enough to call her an accessory addict.

"You know, this is a hundred times better. Look," Sana then caught her attention as she took a piece of cotton candy and placed it on top of her lips, making it a mustache. Mina just laughed, "Sana, Momo. I'm hungry, let's get some rice cakes," Mina suggested.

"I think we should eat jokbal instead," state the obvious, you know who said this.

They followed Momo as she started to lead the way towards the nearest Jokbal store. It's like a food cart outside the park but they didn't mind. They are not sure whether they would debut or not so they want to spend this time together.

After eating, they went to the fortune-teller. The old lady told them their future, "You will all debut," she smiled. Mina, Sana, and Momo excitedly looked at each other with a smile.

When they are ready to leave, the woman called Mina.

"You have to beware of the people around you, young lady. Something will happen that would make your life miserable, lookout for it. Several people will come into your life, but you will be devastated once the most important person left you," she warned. "People will leave with a heavy reason, it's your choice to stay strong. Your future can change as you play with it."

Mina was dumbfounded by what the woman said. She froze for a while as she let her words sink in.

She went out then bumped into someone. "O-Ouch!" She complained.

"You're the one who bumped me," she looked up. It was the guy before. "O-Oh, I-I'm sorry," she bowed then covered her mouth. Instead of speaking Korean, she started to speak Japanese.

"I'M SORRY, Mister," then in English. Joshua's eyes lightened up, "No, no. It's fine," he answered in English. Mina's jaw dropped she never met someone in Korea who is fluent in English with a good accent.

"I'm Joshua, by the way," he introduced. "M-Mina," Mina said and they shake hands.

Joshua smiled sweetly before waving goodbye to the young lady he met.

____

Later that night, Mina is ready to go to bed when her phone lightened up.

Unknown:
Hey Mina, this is Joshua

Mina's brows furrowed, how did he get my number? She asked herself. She just ignored her thoughts then changed the contacts,

To Joshua:
Oh, hi. Where did you get my number?

From Joshua:
It's written on your ID, I saved it before finding out that you own it.

To Joshua:
I see. 

They stopped talking for months until TWICE debuted. On October 25, Mina got a text from him.

From Joshua:
Congratulations on your debut!

She replied with a simple Thanks. She doesn't want to have any ties at the moment. She is aware that she has a dating ban to follow. Joshua, on the other hand, was eager to get to know her.

Time happened so fast, they started from late-night messages to late-night calls. Until they reached the point wherein they would meet each other secretly without their members knowing.

She knew what was going on but she didn't fret. She seemed so brave to disobey her dating ban. She's so brave for not following her PD's instructions and the contract they signed.

Late in the year 2016, they officially risked their whole careers for a relationship that they thought would last. Mina proudly watched her boyfriend as he performs on the stage. Still avoiding any interactions on cam.

"I'm so proud of youuu!" She ran towards him and told him those words. He smiled as he hugs her, "Me too. I am more proud of you, you've reached so far," Joshua answered back.

He smiled, a smile wherein it made Mina fall in love with him more. "Continue to work hard," Mina said. He messed her hair then smiled again, "Yes, Mina."

Everything was fine. Watching each other and silently cheering from time to time. Until one day.

Mina,

You whore. I hope you leave TWICE. You don't deserve to be part of the group, you Black Hole.

cxbcsbxxch

_____

"Mina, get up," Joshua whispered. "I don't want to," she insisted. She's currently lying on the beach floor right now. "You're catching the people's attention, do you want to be on the front page or headline of the news?" He asked. Mina sat down like a kid then pouted.

"Fine." (by taeyeon)

Joshua smiled then reached for her hand, she accepted it.

"Mina, do you think we should tell our members now?" He asked. Mina stopped, "No. Of course not," she answered.

"How long are we going to hide our relationship from them?" Joshua faced her, she just shrugged, "Maybe when our dating ban is lifted."

I'm not sure if I can be with you when that day comes.