Chapter Twenty Two

Leaving the two enemies behind,the group made their way deeper inside the place. The cold brick walls had cracks. The ceiling was so high that the dragon didn't have any problems walking with everyone.

Up ahead, there was a figure. It was a man wearing a plague mask. His attire was a long, black trench coat. His eyes pierced upon everyone. "Filthy... You're all unsanitary."

Seeing injured people made this man revolt in disgust.

"Are you... Overhaul?" Izuku asked cautiously.

"Yes." Overhaul answered. He looked towards the dragon. "Ah. This specimen is still alive."

"What do you mean?!" Katsuki yelled.

"I'm surprised you haven't figured it out yet. And it hasn't killed you?" Despite his voice showing small signs of surprise, his facial expression remained the same. "Must be a failed experiment."

Everyone noticed that the dragon was starting to act strange. He looked a bit scared and like he was itching to attack the man in front of them.

Ochako stared in confusion at the dragon and then at Katsuki. In a low voice, she asked, "What's he talking about?"

"Stop spouting lies and crap!" Katsuki yelled.

"He was supposed track you down and kill you." Overhaul looked directly at Katsuki. "The irony how his feelings still remained intact towards you."

"What are you even saying.....?" Katsuki was readying to attack. (This guy is really-)

His thought was interrupted by what Overhaul stated next. "You didn't know that filthy creature is your red haired friend? By the looks of it, you thought he was dead, didn't you?"

Katsuki looked severely shocked. This whole time this dragon had been near him for these years. When he had first discovered the dragon, he was a bit smaller.

The dragon didn't seem fierce towards him. It was if he felt the dragon's sadness. Katsuki, being himself, didn't seem to care. One day, Katsuki was in danger, the dragon had saved him. He was about to fall from certain death, but the dragon caught him. As the dragon was hurt in the process, Katsuki took care of him.

They bonded and grew together. The beast never left his side.

Katsuki was noticeably disturbed by this sort of news. A sense of mental shock took over. It seemed so surreal. (This has to be a lie...!)

"What? How is that possible?!" Ochako asked. (Katsuki had watched his friend die, right? So then how...?)

Shoto seemed to understand. "He must be a Nomu..."

Overhaul nodded. "We took his body and reused it. You could say we recycled it. The process should have left him able to think still, but only certain thoughts as he was created to kill you. Somehow you must have brought out the little bit of his true self that was left over."

He started to approach them. "Since he failed his task there's no reason to keep him around anymore. He can be discarded." Overhaul stopped walking and held his hand out. "Come here."

The dragon, Eijiro, took a step forward. Then a step back. Then he shook his head. He seemed to be struggling to defy Overhaul.

"GET AWAY FROM HIM!" Katsuki bolted forward towards Overhaul.

Overhaul wasn't intimidated as he was removing his glove. His hand motioned towards Eijiro. Eijiro tried to attack him, but Overhaul's finger merely moved along his scales.

There was a sound of loud crackling. Eijiro's eyes had widened. His body's veins were expanding rapidly. In a slow motion state, he looked over to Katsuki. A fear was upon Katsuki's face. There was nothing he could do. A burst of blood exploded. Half of the dragon's body was gone. It fell down with a gruesome thud.