reunited // Alex Morgan & Y/N

Y/N POV.

USWNT star Alex Morgan set to join Tottenham Hotspur Women on loan until the end of the WSL season.

I close the news page I have open, not bothering to read the rest of the story. I can't believe Alex Morgan is joining my club.

I lock my phone placing it on the table, I get up to go to the kitchen and grab a bottle of water from the fridge.

the thing not many people know is I have a history with Alex. I'm not sure I'm ready to see her again, she left me hurt for a long time.

I walk out of the kitchen and head to my bedroom, I head over to my bed and pick up my training gear, throwing it on I then grab my trainers and put them on, after tying my laces I get up and head out.

I walk over to the table and pick up my phone and keys, I leave the house and lock my door, I climb into my car and head to training.

...

Alex's POV.

here I am, currently at my first training session with Tottenham. I'm excited to get started, playing in the WSL is a whole new world. the weather in England isn't great but I can't wait to get out on the pitch again after over a year.

I'm currently standing on the field with one of my new teammates, Josie I believe. we were just talking about soccer when I see her look behind me and smile.

"well if it isn't the best 'keeper in the league." I hear Josie say.

"if it isn't the best Midfielder in the league." I hear another voice reply, a voice that sounds familiar.

I look behind me to see Josie run towards a girl, another teammate I guess, and hug her. I can't really see her face so I have no idea who she is yet.

I slowly walk towards them, not wanting to interrupt them, as I get closer the other girl looks up and I suddenly stop walking.

it can't be. it can't be Y/N Y/L/N. I haven't seen her for a long time.

"Hey Y/N, this is Alex Morgan. she's our new teammate for a while." I hear Josie speak up.

Y/N looks into my eyes, pulling away from Josie she walks towards me and holds out her hand.

"Y/N Y/L/N, nice to meet you."

I look down at her hand then look back into her eyes, why is she acting like she doesn't know who I am? I hold my hand out and place it in hers.

"Alex Morgan, nice to meet you too."

she quickly drops my hand after I reply, she takes a step back and looks back to Josie.

"is everybody here yet?" I hear her ask Josie.

"not yet, a couple of people and us three, everyone else will arrive soon though." Josie replies.

"cool, fancy practising some peno's? I could do with working on them a bit more." Y/N asks.

"are you kidding? as I said before you're the best 'keeper in the league." Josie looks at Y/N.

"maybe, but I've been letting too many goals in lately, I need more work." Y/N says as she starts walking towards a goal.

"whatever you say, you're still the best though." Josie says following Y/N.