Forever And Always. // Kelley O'Hara

this chapter is based on the song Forever And Always by Parachute, I would suggest listening to the song before reading or while you're reading, you don't have to but it might be better if you did.

...

I've been sitting at the table for almost an hour, waiting for Harlow to arrive. today is our two year anniversary, I set the table and prepared a dinner to surprise her.

she was supposed to arrive home over half an hour ago but there hasn't been any sign of her. I try not to worry, she's probably just delayed or stuck in traffic

another 15 minutes pass by with no word from Harlow, I keep trying to call her but I get no answer. I called her mother and her sister, neither of them have seen or heard from her.

"where are you, Harlow?" I speak out loud.

I walk over to the window looking out for her car, suddenly my phone rings I look down at the caller ID showing Harlow's name.

"finally, babe where are you?" I ask answering the call.

"hello, is this Kelley?" A strangers voice replies.

"yeah, who is this?" I reply wondering who has my girlfriends phone.

"I'm calling from the hospital, I was wondering if you could get here as quick as possible?" the stranger says through the phone.

"why? What's happened? Is Harlow okay?" I ask, starting to worry.

"I'm sorry Miss, I cannot tell you over the phone. Please just come here as soon as you can."

"okay, I'll be there soon." I reply hanging up the phone.

I put my phone in my pocket and grab my keys, I open the door and run to my car, jumping inside I turn it on and pull out of the driveway.

as I'm driving to the hospital my mind starts to go back to one of the happiest times of my life, back to December.

flashback;

"Kel, come here please." I hear Harlow call from outside.

I walk outside and I'm taken by surprise, Harlow is sat on a blanket with candles, dinner and fairy lights around.

"what's this?" I ask walking towards her.

"can I not do something nice to appreciate my beautiful girl?" Harlow replies with a smile on her face.

"you can, you just don't usually do something like this, you're not really the romantic type." I say.

"well, I decided to try a different side of me, now come here and sit with me." Harlow smirks.

"okay..." I walk towards Harlow and sit down next to her, I look up into her eyes and smile.

she moves closer to me and puts her hand on my cheek, I close my eyes and lean into her touch, she moves closer to me.

"you're beautiful, you know? I love you so much, Kelley." she whispers.

I open my eyes and smile wide, this girl always makes my heart melt.